PDA

View Full Version : Section Hike right after Blue Mt.

Chad
04-04-2012, 11:11
I am looking to do another section hike this summer and I would like to pick up where I left off. I stopped right after Blue Mt. and got picked up on 75 (I think that was the road). I will have 5-7 days to do some hiking and was thinking about planning for Cold Springs if I do the full 7 days. But if had a few questions.

Is that overly ambitious or is there a better place to end my hike?

Would it just be easier bringing 5-7 days worth of food with me, that way I will not have to take time of the trail to resupply?

I also was looking at the shuttle provider list on here and didn't know if someone had any recommendations that would be able to pick me up at the end of my hike, or would it be better to drop my vehicle off at my destination and have a shuttle service bring me to the start of the trail, that way I am hiking to my vehicle?

Thanks for the help!

Chad

jduncan7998
04-04-2012, 19:55
Last August i did 53 miles in 4 days from Deep Gap, NC to the NOC...I would carry all the food with you that you will need. You could end your hike at Wayah Bald or at Tellico Gap which is 3.5 miles north of Cold Springs shelter. www.atdist.com (http://www.atdist.com)

allen3150
04-04-2012, 23:00
Burningtown Gap is also another option - 1.2 miles before Cold Springs. It depends upon how in shape you are for hiking to plan mileage. That trip will be much harder than Springer to Unicoi Gap. I'd carry all food if your only going to be a week on the trail for that section.