PDA

View Full Version : Golite Tumalo Trinity 2.5 Layer Jacket

plurpimpin
04-04-2012, 22:21
Anybody have any experience with the Golite Tumalo Trinity 2.5 Layer Jacket? golite is having a big sale on raingear right now and the Tumalo is only $75 and it's listed as a $150 jacket. I've been looking around and haven't been able to find any reviews of it. Seems like it's a pretty solid waterproof breathable jacket with pit zips that weighs in at 10 oz. My main question is how breathable is it?

Trying to lighten up my raingear after realizing my lowe alpine gore tex jacket is pushing 3 lbs.

Mags
04-04-2012, 22:32
Some reviews:

https://www.google.com/search?q=golite+tumalo+review&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=golite+tumalo+review&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&pws=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=be30a96db1145851&biw=1280&bih=670

OVerall, very good results.

FWIW, it has become my 'go to' jacket as well.
http://www.pmags.com/gear-review-golite-tumalo

plurpimpin
04-05-2012, 07:29
I appreciate the reviews, the only thing is that all the reviews you linked to (except for possibly yours?) are for the Golite Tumalo Pertex Storm jacket. The current model is the Tumalo Trinity. The difference is that the Pertex Storm model is made of pertex while the trinity uses Golite's new Trinity fabric. The jackets have different waterproofings.

Anybody have any experience with the Golite's Trinity fabric? Other than the fabric the current model appears identical to the older model which has nothing but good reviews.

Mags
04-05-2012, 09:38
I appreciate the reviews, the only thing is that all the reviews you linked to (except for possibly yours?) are for the Golite Tumalo Pertex Storm jacket. The current model is the Tumalo Trinity. The difference is that the Pertex Storm model is made of pertex while the trinity uses Golite's new Trinity fabric. The jackets have different waterproofings.

Anybody have any experience with the Golite's Trinity fabric? Other than the fabric the current model appears identical to the older model which has nothing but good reviews.

I would not worry too much... :)

If you really on a budget, and sticking to trail hiking only (like the AT), get DriDucks.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038Z4FUK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00279IZEU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SMYFJAJDYM5P4SKR6C9

$20 at places such as Dicks or Sports Authority for jacket and pants.

Light, breathable and inexpensive.

Good reviews for the price )some on here).

plurpimpin
04-05-2012, 16:13
I just pulled the trigger on the tumalo. I emailed golite and they said performance wise the new fabric breathes alittle better than the pertex, is just as waterproof, and weighs the same. They said they switched to it because it offered the same performance at a lower price. I'm super excited to get the jacket. Weighing only 10 oz it'll drop almost 2 lbs from my pack compared to my old gore tex jacket!