PDA

View Full Version : Light Indoor Rectagular Sleeping Bag?

map_guy
04-04-2012, 23:05
This may be an odd request, but I need a light rectangular sleeping bag for work and travel (hotel rooms I want to use my own bag instead of some strange sheets). It would be great if it also unzipped to become a blanket. Obvious comfort is more important than weight, but down would be nice. Any suggestions?

Jersey Tim
04-04-2012, 23:44
I picked up a Kelty summer-weight bag on clearance from Cabela's that I use for crashing indoors whenever necessary. Inexpensive and synthetic, I don't have to worry about beating it up.

skinewmexico
04-05-2012, 00:30
Walmart - $9.

moytoy
04-05-2012, 05:13
Campmor used to sell a 20* rec. down bag with their name on it for about $120. They now sell a Kelty rec. down bag which is rated at 30* for $129. I think they are pretty much the same bag. I have the Campmor bag and use it for three season backpacking and all the activities you list. Motorhome, camping trailer, tent, motel ( don't do motels much anymore) and the couch (don't do couch much anymore either). Probably the best way to get exactly what you want is to make it. Making down quilts is not that hard although I havn't made one yet.