PDA

View Full Version : Ohm 2.0

Lyle
04-09-2012, 18:51
Well, I finally went ahead and ordered a new pack. I've been using my ULA P2 for quite a few years now, and it has served me very well. As I've been lightening and down-sizing my other gear however, it has not been riding as well as it used to. Just not enough load control to take up the slack. I told myself I would wait until it was wearing out to replace it, but the thing just doesn't wear out!!!

I have a Conduit that I use for short overnights or big-load day hikes, but I can just fit my normal gear into it, with not much extra space for extra water when needed. Just cuts things a bit too close for my comfort.

A few minutes ago, I got off the phone with Chris. I ordered a Ohm 2.0. They are in stock and he will get it out to me tomorrow. I really like the compressability of this pack, so that it should continue to ride well, even when only partially loaded. I did consider the Circuit as well, but think that this will be plenty big for my three-season gear and I still have my fully serviceable P2 for winter trips. I also considered the original Ohm, but I like the adjustability of the Ohm 2.0 since my measurements all fall right between sizes.

Looking forward to getting it and loading my gear now. I'll be testing it out early next month on my 200 mile section hike. Can't wait.

Firefighter503
04-10-2012, 17:05
I am sure you will love it. I got mine from Chris a couple of weeks back, but have been unable to use it yet. It definitely has enough room for all of my 3 season gear and is comfortable to wear around locally.

Lyle
04-10-2012, 17:12
Thanks Firefighter, I checked out your profile, I too am a medic.