PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember Kestrel at the Clarendon Shelter 1980's-90's

SargeVining
04-09-2012, 22:59
My Dad went by the trail name Kestrel. He had a place on Lincoln Hill Road, just north of HWY 103 in Cuttingsville/Shrewsbury. He would hike up to Clarendon Shelter on a regular basis and leave beers in the stream. He kept the Shelter Registers for a while. Does anyone remember this?

Spirit Walker
04-10-2012, 11:56
Did he thruhike in '92? There was a Kestrel on the At that year.

SargeVining
04-10-2012, 13:43
Did he thruhike in '92? There was a Kestrel on the At that year.

No, he was a local that lived about a mile away on Lincoln Hill Road. He tried to make it over to clarendon shelter at least once a week, sometimes more during the season. He'd pack in a six pack of beer, sit and have one with whoever was there and leave the rest behind. If nobody was there, he'd stash it in the stream and leave a message in the Register telling folks where to find it.

Jeff
04-10-2012, 17:14
You should contact Wayne Krevetski who is very active in the Green Mountain Club near Clarendon/Rutland. Not sure if he was around the area that long ago, but he would know other GMC member who were. I will PM his email address.

SargeVining
04-10-2012, 17:22
You should contact Wayne Krevetski who is very active in the Green Mountain Club near Clarendon/Rutland. Not sure if he was around the area that long ago, but he would know other GMC member who were. I will PM his email address.

PM recieved, and thanks.