PDA

View Full Version : Nw Trail Coordinator

JaxHiker
04-10-2012, 12:20
Just wanted to take a quick moment to let you know that I'm now the FTA Trail Coordinator for the section from Olustee to Stephen Foster State Park in the Suwanee. I may also soon own the section south of Olustee to Lake Butler.

I am aware of the issues in the Lake Butler area and the numerous clear cuts and re-routes. I spent this weekend getting current GPS tracks to update the FTA site. I still have some work to do though.

If you're hiking this section and find problems please let me know. Also please share the good stuff. :-) If you're planning on hiking it I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

WingedMonkey
04-10-2012, 12:31
There goes the neighborhood.

:sun

JaxHiker
04-10-2012, 13:42
Got that right. They have no idea what they've done.

Don't take my typing skills as any indication of my future performance. I'm the "New" coordinator, not the "Nw" coordinator. Stupid tablet keyboard. :D

Gray Blazer
04-10-2012, 14:45
That's awesome. When's the next get together?

off-pher
04-10-2012, 17:11
Hey jaxhiker thats great news! I do have two
questions. 1. How much does it cost to hike the FT?
2. How long will chesse last on the trail?

JaxHiker
04-12-2012, 21:27
That's awesome. When's the next get together?
Well, you can always check out what our chapter is doing via our Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/northfloridatrailblazers) site. I certainly wouldn't mind some help when we start fixing the damage from the clear cuts. ;)

Hey jaxhiker thats great news! I do have two questions.
1. How much does it cost to hike the FT?
2. How long will chesse last on the trail?

1. That's a good question. I've never thru-hiked it but let me follow up with someone who has.
2. I don't carry cheese on the trail but I wouldn't think more than a couple of days in the hotter months. You can always wipe the oils off if it's leeching and it should still be good to eat. While I seem to contemplate it on nearly every hike I have yet to actually take it with me. It weighs too much. :)

off-pher
04-15-2012, 23:37
Hey JaxHiker,
Thanks for responding and the very
informative information was great!
I do however have three more
questions for you.
1. Is it true that when a person
is wearing ruby slippers and they click
their twice do they really go to Kansas?
2.How many licks is it to the center
of a tootsie pop?
3. Does Bumpjumper really hike nude?

Wise Old Owl
04-16-2012, 00:07
Huh - what is going on here?

rocketsocks
04-16-2012, 00:40
Huh - what is going on here?just them southern boys whoopin it up again.;)

Sailing_Faith
04-16-2012, 02:07
Just wanted to take a quick moment to let you know that I'm now the FTA Trail Coordinator for the section from Olustee to Stephen Foster State Park in the Suwanee. I may also soon own the section south of Olustee to Lake Butler.

I am aware of the issues in the Lake Butler area and the numerous clear cuts and re-routes. I spent this weekend getting current GPS tracks to update the FTA site. I still have some work to do though.

If you're hiking this section and find problems please let me know. Also please share the good stuff. :-) If you're planning on hiking it I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Hey, thanks for doing this.....

... sorry I could not come up with any smart remarks, but I wanted to say thanks anyway. :)

off-pher
04-16-2012, 10:00
Huh - what is going on here?
Whats going on you ask. JaxHiker is now El-Pressadenta and me being
an American people...................We need answers..........
Becides don't hate me cause i'm funny hate me cause i'm
prettier than you are:banana:banana

JaxHiker
04-17-2012, 09:19
Hey JaxHiker,
Thanks for responding and the very
informative information was great!
I do however have three more
questions for you.
1. Is it true that when a person
is wearing ruby slippers and they click
their twice do they really go to Kansas?
2.How many licks is it to the center
of a tootsie pop?
3. Does Bumpjumper really hike nude?

1. No. It's three times.
2. Also three.
3. A name I haven't heard in a while. Not can I answer this question.

Contrary to what you might think being the trail Coordinator hasn't given me the insight of a Tibetan monk.

Thanks S_F.

off-pher
04-18-2012, 07:27
Contrary to what you might think being the trail Coordinator hasn't given me the insight of a Tibetan monk.

But there's a app for that!