PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Fall WhiteBlaze get together

attroll
04-02-2005, 01:31
wbdent We are still planning on a WhiteBlaze get together along with Trail Magic here in Maine again this year. As for the time it will be most likely in September again. The exact weekend is not for sure yet as is the location. It will either be the same weekend or maybe a week earlier. I have not talk to Steve the Ferryman to see if we can have it at his place again. I am open to suggestions as to where to have it in Maine. It has to be in Maine because that is where I am and I am the one funding it again. So if anyone has any ideas feel free to start suggesting.

walkin' wally
04-02-2005, 14:13
Hi Attroll,

I am willing to help out again this year if I can match my time off with the date. I enjoyed the time at Steve Longley's but wherever you decide is fine with me.

The hikers that came to the WB Gathering last year all seemed to have a good time. It was great to hear some of the trail stories. Maybe it will be a little warmer this time.

:sun

Walkin' Wally

Jack Tarlin
04-02-2005, 14:29
I think Steve's place would be ideal, but in order to defray the considerable costs of the event, I think we should probably set a small fee for attendees, as last year's "contribution jar" didn't quite cut it for either Steve or Troll who had considerable expenses.

In short, it'd be great to get together again this year, but I don't think it fair for Steve or Troll to have to pick up the tab for the event.

Mountain Dew
04-02-2005, 14:41
I'm not sure exactly what they provide for hikers there, but I'd definately be willing to pay cash to show my appreciation for certain items/services.

colbys
04-02-2005, 14:57
hey im fairly new on the site,but yeah id love to come to the get together.since ill be working in maine for the summer,it wont be to far away.

Frosty
04-02-2005, 16:17
Hi Attroll,

I am willing to help out again this year if I can match my time off with the date. I enjoyed the time at Steve Longley's but wherever you decide is fine with me.

The hikers that came to the WB Gathering last year all seemed to have a good time. It was great to hear some of the trail stories. Maybe it will be a little warmer this time.

:sun

Walkin' Wally
Whoo Hoo!

This year I'll be able to tell stories instead of just listen to them.

8 more days.

A-Train
04-02-2005, 16:27
It would be awesome if it was the weekend earlier than last year, as I might be able to attend again. If its the third week in September, I'll already be in Ecuador.

I guess if the whole point is to do trail magic, and its in september, its pretty much gotta be in Maine. But if it was more about a get together than a trail magic fest it could be elsewhere, possibly somewhat more convenient for a lot of folks. I mean Caratunk isn't exactly on the beaten path. Seems there is a large number of folks from the new england area, any chance we could rent Upper Goose Pond Cabin or something around there? Just throwing out ideas.
And I'm willing to help out in any way I can if I'm around

attroll
04-02-2005, 16:46
I was either thinking about doing it a week or two earlier. This way we would not have to worry about the cold moving in like it did last year. The other reason is that maybe we would get more thru-hikers passing through and it seems to be better on everyone to have it a little earlier.

walkin' wally
04-03-2005, 11:28
Whoo Hoo!

This year I'll be able to tell stories instead of just listen to them.

8 more days.

Hopefully you won't be headed to Canada for a sightseeing trip. :D Looking forward to seeing you at Caratunk. Now if we can get Poison Ivy to show up. :-?

walkin' wally
04-03-2005, 11:38
I think Steve's place would be ideal, but in order to defray the considerable costs of the event, I think we should probably set a small fee for attendees, as last year's "contribution jar" didn't quite cut it for either Steve or Troll who had considerable expenses.

In short, it'd be great to get together again this year, but I don't think it fair for Steve or Troll to have to pick up the tab for the event.

I am willing to chip in on some of the food purchases if that would help defray some of the costs. I will bring some of the cooking gear too. Hopefully I can get that time off.

Hopefully I won't be all 'thumb' this year. :datz

Mr. Clean
04-03-2005, 17:03
Hopefully I can make it this year, and help Troll defray some of the costs.

Uncle Wayne
04-04-2005, 08:01
I was either thinking about doing it a week or two earlier. This way we would not have to worry about the cold moving in like it did last year. The other reason is that maybe we would get more thru-hikers passing through and it seems to be better on everyone to have it a little earlier.

I'd like to know so we can make plans to attend this year. Depends on several "at home" issues but we want to be there.

walkin' wally
04-04-2005, 09:42
Uncle Wayne,

I hope You and Tripper make it up to Maine this year. :)

The Solemates
04-04-2005, 10:05
we're headed to the whites over labor day, so if you have it in southern maine we may be able to swing by for a half day or so. either way, keep the info posted here and if it is in northern maine we still may be able to swing it.

attroll
04-04-2005, 14:05
wbdent I will post a date as soon as I know one. I might head to the Ferryman's place on Memorial Day weekend to do a hike and I mighe swing in and talk to him about this and work on a Date. I was thinking the weekend of September 10th or the 17th. But the Ferryman has a event that he holds one of those weekend and I can not remember what weekend it is.

attroll
04-09-2005, 20:18
I talked to Steve the Ferryman today and he has agreed to let us hold our second annual WhiteBlaze get together this year at his place in The Forks.

We have set a tentitve date for September 10th. I will post more on this as we get closer. But now we have a date to work with.

Frosty
04-09-2005, 23:33
I talked to Steve the Ferryman today and he has agreed to let us hold our second annual WhiteBlaze get together this year at his place in The Forks.

We have set a tentitve date for September 10th. I will post more on this as we get closer. But now we have a date to work with.Perfect. Maybe I'll be hiking through at the time. Plane leaves in 7 hours. I can't sleep. Can hardly breathe! I can't believe after 33 years I'm actually going to hit the trail. Save me a humongous burger at the Gathering!

attroll
04-09-2005, 23:52
Alright Frosty. Your going to get a chance to forfill a dream. You bet I will have a burger for you and this time you will be telling stories instead of the one listening.