PDA

View Full Version : FootHill Trail...

Toli
04-14-2012, 16:13
Just finished the FootHills Trail yesterday, and am of the opinion its like AA on STERIODS... How many steps can there be :eek:???Seriously... Prob one of the nicest/challenging trails I've ever done... If you live close by and don't take advantage of it, ur missin' out... BTW, South to North is best, as the 4 mile climb on the Pinnicle Trail out of Table Rock to get there is an A$$ kicker, going North Bound... Heading back in late October for the colors... BTW... Some of the coolest camp sites I've ever seen... Don't waste ur energy on hittin' all the Falls... JMO...

Papa D
04-14-2012, 18:08
Just finished the FootHills Trail yesterday, and am of the opinion its like AA on STERIODS... How many steps can there be :eek:???Seriously... Prob one of the nicest/challenging trails I've ever done... If you live close by and don't take advantage of it, ur missin' out... BTW, South to North is best, as the 4 mile climb on the Pinnicle Trail out of Table Rock to get there is an A$$ kicker, going North Bound... Heading back in late October for the colors... BTW... Some of the coolest camp sites I've ever seen... Don't waste ur energy on hittin' all the Falls... JMO...

Congratulations on finishing the FHT - it's indeed a beautiful hike. I hate to tell you this though - relative to most of the AT and many parts of other national scenic trails, I would say that the FHT is pretty mellow - - but it is a very cool trail and you should feel great about hiking it - I did too.

swofford
04-14-2012, 18:33
my husband and I just finished the entire trail yesterday. pretty hike...

Toli
04-15-2012, 18:47
my husband and I just finished the entire trail yesterday. pretty hike...

Did I chat with you and ur husband and black Lab at the Toxaway River on Thursday???

Theosus
04-15-2012, 19:55

I'd never heard of it until recently... And I'm three hours away. I'll have to look into it. I'm going on my first overnighter in a couple of weeks.

bwb49
04-16-2012, 07:44
http://www.foothillstrail.org/

web site for the trail

Rain Man
04-16-2012, 11:27
Did the FT last year and was very impressed, though miss the waterfalls on a trail famous for its waterfalls? No way! And yes, there are "stairs" galore!!! :)

P.S. This thread really should be moved from AT-General to the Other Trails forum.

Rain:sunMan

bwb49
04-16-2012, 13:03
Will be doing a section of the trail this weekend up to Burrells Ford, beautiful trail, always love hiking it.

Hoovie
04-26-2012, 07:27
My friend and I are planning to hike the Foothills at the end of May. We are taking a week off from work to thru hike it. Do you guys have any tips or pointers. The plan is to start at Table Rock and somewhere around the halfway point my brother and a friend plan to join us for the rest of the trip. Hope you guys have a goof day and thank you for your help.

Hoovie

bwburgin1015
04-26-2012, 07:38
How long did you take to do it? I am looking at doing the trail sometime in the next couple of years if time permits. I was thinking of doing it in 6 days which would be about 13 miles a day and still allow some time to enjoy the scenery a bit.

Toli
04-28-2012, 16:51
How long did you take to do it? I am looking at doing the trail sometime in the next couple of years if time permits. I was thinking of doing it in 6 days which would be about 13 miles a day and still allow some time to enjoy the scenery a bit.

I left Oconee SP Tuesday morning and finished Friday nite around 6pm... I figure with all the extra miles to get to the Falls it was about 87 miles... 6 days you will be fine... Lots of scenery to enjoy...