PDA

View Full Version : Just got my kilt!

BlakeGrice
04-15-2012, 22:27
Haven't been on the trail in over a month and it's killing me. However, my new kilt from sportkilt arrived last week! Light weight microfiber. Simple Velcro closure. Can't wait to wear it now that it's warm outside. The one question is what to wear under it? Commando??

beachbunny
04-15-2012, 22:32
absolutely. that's the whole point!

skinewmexico
04-15-2012, 23:19
If you wear anything under it, it's no longer a kilt.

rocketsocks
04-16-2012, 00:27
If you wear anything under it, it's no longer a kilt.yep....it's a Skirt.Don't wear a Skirt

Mancat
04-16-2012, 09:26
I wear exofficio boxer/briefs under mine. Also knee length gaiters come in handy when you need them.

rocketsocks
04-16-2012, 09:40
yep....it's a Skirt.Don't wear a Skirtincidentally....speaking from an unpleasant experience once had;)

doritotex
04-16-2012, 10:01
Why are you asking other people on whether you should wear underwear or not? Do what you want...your mother won't be on the trail...or will she?!! Hahaha!!

rocketsocks
04-16-2012, 10:11
Why are you asking other people on whether you should wear underwear or not? Do what you want...your mother won't be on the trail...or will she?!! Hahaha!!Aye....and Aye;)she also wears combat boots!

rocketsocks
04-16-2012, 10:22
Aye....and Aye;)she also wears combat boots!She calls em her "Slippers"

Hoofit
04-16-2012, 16:46
I wore a kilt once and went 'au naturel' underneath- Problem was clambering over the rocks - kept banging my nuts on 'em!
Found it a real pleasure crossing streams, easy to wash up and refresh the whole sack area..
Evenings were enjoyable- chestnuts roasting on an open fire...
Found I developed some assteroids form the cold stones
Asteroids/Hereroids? Did those two words get mixed up somewhere?

Del Q
04-16-2012, 19:43
Complex topic. Love my kilt.............go both ways, commando and not, icebreaker merino wool boxers, nice combo.

Theosus
04-16-2012, 20:18
I would have to wear underwear under a kilt, sorry. No one needs to see my nads around the campfire or if I fall down a slope. I just think it's common courtesy to not expose others to that.

But that's just me.

JJJ
04-16-2012, 20:20
... The one question is what to wear under it? ....
shoes and socks.....

but in sub-freezing temps, I usually were running tights underneath also if I'm gonna be outside most of the day.

oldbear
04-16-2012, 20:41
I'm having a seamstress make a man -skirt out of a pair of Columbia quick-dry cargo shorts
The nice thing about the shorts is that they have the nylon mesh stuff that holds your nads inside of them
I'm thinking that you could by an el-cheapo baggy bathing suit and use that nylon mesh stuff inside of your kilt

MuddyWaters
04-16-2012, 20:55
may your days be chigger free.....

rocketsocks
04-16-2012, 23:55
Haven't been on the trail in over a month and it's killing me. However, my new kilt from sportkilt arrived last week! Light weight microfiber. Simple Velcro closure. Can't wait to wear it now that it's warm outside. The one question is what to wear under it? Commando??Blake,I just want to say......I lied It's boxer briefs all the way for me.But skirt or no skirt who cares,I got some bony ass legs,and no but to ta hold em up!