PDA

View Full Version : Best way from Asheville Airport to Hot Springs

jacobrama
04-17-2012, 14:51
I have someone meeting me on the trail, they are flying into to Asheville. I figure to mee tthem in Hot Springs.

Any suggestions on the best way to get from Asheville airport to Hot Springs?

Also for those of you with expereince on the trail, about how many days, rough estimate, would you say it would take to get from Springer to Hot Springs? I am pretty good shape.

Thanks for the time and attention.

--jacob

generoll
04-17-2012, 19:14
call Ms Janet for the shuttle.

Stir Fry
04-18-2012, 09:16
27 to 30 days to go from springer to hot springs for the average hiker.

Chaco Taco
04-18-2012, 09:49
I have someone meeting me on the trail, they are flying into to Asheville. I figure to mee tthem in Hot Springs.

Any suggestions on the best way to get from Asheville airport to Hot Springs?

Also for those of you with expereince on the trail, about how many days, rough estimate, would you say it would take to get from Springer to Hot Springs? I am pretty good shape.

Thanks for the time and attention.

--jacob
Ms Janet should be able to help you BUT if not Curtis at Standing Bear may be able to help you out, or may know of someone that can do it. Contact Digger, he is on this site and I think he still is in the ATC in AVL. He may also be able to point you in a good direction.
Call or email Bluff Mtn Outfitters in Hot Springs, they also may be able to help. If you get in a situation and can't find anyone, let me know. I know plenty of people in and around there that may be able to help you out that don't "shuttle" but may help out a hiker. Good luck
P.O. Box 114
152 Bridge St.
Hot Springs, NC. 28743-0114
Phone: 828-622-7162
Email: bmo28743@frontier.com

4dogHiker
04-18-2012, 14:22
I'm happy to take them to Hot Springs. What day are they flying in? I can only do Saturday or Sunday

4dogHiker
04-18-2012, 14:23
PM me if interested

pyroman53
04-18-2012, 16:07
Why not meet in Fontana Dam. Jeff and Nancy at Hike Inn do shuttles to and from Asheville. I'd guess that's about a week shy of Hot Springs