PDA

View Full Version : WB Article Town Clothes

walkin' wally
04-04-2005, 10:56
I enjoyed reading A Train's article about what to leave home on a Thru Hike.

I have a question about managing clothing when in town doing the laundry.

What do hikers usually wear for clothes while doing the laundry? Do you have some reasonably clean clothes or do you have to do two loads of laundry to get everything clean? I have read of some people wearing raingear. What is the best way to get this job done?

Brock
04-04-2005, 11:08
I plan on wearing my rain pants and rain coat while washing the rest of my clothes... it is just that simple.

The Solemates
04-04-2005, 11:44
exactly...we wore our rain gear.

schwenkler
04-04-2005, 12:03
Or, send along town clothes in a drift box.

SGT Rock
04-07-2005, 08:00
We are not getting much on this, looks like no one is interested in writing about town clothes since my guess is most of us just use our hiking clothes in one way or another most times. A good point was brought up about drift boxes or bounce boxes. Would that be a good article to write about?

walkin' wally
04-07-2005, 17:45
I think in A Train's article he mentioned that some hikers sent home their rain gear. I was wondering what hikers might do then?

bearbag hanger
04-07-2005, 23:01
I remember talking to Lois Arnold, owner of the Dutch Haus about this. A couple years back she had gone into Montebello and when she came back, one of the female hikers was wrapped in her tent fly and one of the guys just sort of had a wash cloth covering his lap. She imediately went out and purchase a dozen bath robes for the hikers to use when doing laundry.

Frosty
04-07-2005, 23:13
I plan on wearing my rain pants and rain coat while washing the rest of my clothes... it is just that simple.Not so simple for me - I only pack a rain jacket :)