PDA

View Full Version : Having fun on the trail - video blog

SnakeSession
04-23-2012, 08:12
Hello everyone, My name is Jeff, 39, from Greenville, SC. Trail name Loner. I started the AT the day before Easter and just hit the 200 mile mark. The trail is a challange but having a great time hiking, camping, and meeting everyone.

Taking my first days off in Gattlinburg. Crazy town but enjoy the rest.

I'm taking video and pics of the thru hike and posting them here for anyone interested...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Loner2012AT

Will try and update when I can but mostly on days off in town. Hope to meet more of you. Some really cool people on the trail ! Later, Loner

Capt Nat
04-23-2012, 09:02
Thanks for posting! Sounds like you're already finding your groove. Have a great and safe hike!

Spokes
04-23-2012, 10:17
Taking my first days off in Gattlinburg. Crazy town but enjoy the rest.

You said that right. It's like Myrtle Beach in the mountains. They sell "Live Hermit Crabs" there!

CarolinaATMom
04-24-2012, 19:03
It's great to see you on White Blaze and posting the videos. Now I know where you are! Love, Mom

SnakeSession
05-04-2012, 23:11
Thanks everyone for the comments, views, and subs. I just posted a new batch of vids filmed from the Smokies, snow, Standing Bear hostel, Hot Springs, Max Patch, Erwin TN, AT short film festival, my gear list, etc.

Having a great time and just crossed the 340 mile mark on my AT thru. Meeting lots of cool hikers. I try and mention them when I can but meet so many I may have missed some.

Internet is alittle hard to get out here on the trail but will try and update every two weeks or so. Please check em out and comment if you like. Happy hiking, Loner

http://www.youtube.com/user/Loner2012AT

WIAPilot
05-05-2012, 00:52
Wow Jeff. Thanks so much for sharing these videos! It was like being on the trail. I watched all 4 of the trail videos on YouTube. Do you have more? The car show one was pretty cool too. I own a restored 1940 Ford that I don't drive, but display at car shows.

You really captured the trail for me. Thank you!

T-bone of the smokey
05-05-2012, 08:33
Awsome vids man, i came thru the smokeys same time you did. i saw you down town Gburg.. have a great hike.!

Silent Bob
05-05-2012, 13:34
Hi Jeff , Thanks for posting. Enjoyed all your videos and looking forward to seeing more. I got a kick out of Cooter's place.

HikerMom58
05-05-2012, 16:50
Hey Jeff... I just met your mom on here today. I'm a trail angel. I live 5 miles from the trail in Daleville, VA. PM me with your contact info. and I'll give you mine. Keep walking until you get to McAfee Knob... then, you'll be really close to Daleville. :) I hope the weather is good when you get to the Knob. Let me know, when you get close, if a big group of hikers are around you. The Roanoke Trail angels can set up some good trail magic for you all. Happy Trails!! :)

SnakeSession
05-10-2012, 07:38
Wow Jeff. Thanks so much for sharing these videos! It was like being on the trail. I watched all 4 of the trail videos on YouTube. Do you have more? The car show one was pretty cool too. I own a restored 1940 Ford that I don't drive, but display at car shows.

You really captured the trail for me. Thank you!

Thanks for watching! There are a whole bunch of short vids on the channel. Most under 3 minutes updates.

SnakeSession
05-16-2012, 21:52
Awsome vids man, i came thru the smokeys same time you did. i saw you down town Gburg.. have a great hike.!

Hey T-bone. Gburg was fun. If we cross trail again please say hey so I can put a face to the name. Later, Loner

SnakeSession
05-16-2012, 22:02
Hey Jeff... I just met your mom on here today. I'm a trail angel. I live 5 miles from the trail in Daleville, VA. PM me with your contact info. and I'll give you mine. Keep walking until you get to McAfee Knob... then, you'll be really close to Daleville. :) I hope the weather is good when you get to the Knob. Let me know, when you get close, if a big group of hikers are around you. The Roanoke Trail angels can set up some good trail magic for you all. Happy Trails!! :)

So cool you're a trail angle. My Mom really enjoys your emails and having someone who understands to write to. Sorry I carry no phone. Hope you and your daughter have fun at Trail Days. I thought about getting a ride back, but looking forward to see what's down the trail and maybe less crowds. But might go back next year. Have fun!

SnakeSession
05-16-2012, 22:04
Here's a quick new batch of 7 vids from the trail...

Roan Mnt, cows, grainy black bear video, ponies, VA State
line, rain, Black Bear Resort cabin, hostels, Damascus, shelter art, Mnt Rogers,
Marion, etc. Lost 30 lbs so far!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Loner2012AT?feature=watch

Loneoak
07-24-2012, 00:38
anyone else keeping up with Loners video's. I think they are great