PDA

View Full Version : Kids messin with hikers!

Chaco Taco
04-23-2012, 09:53
This is crazy. Punk a** kids trying to seriously hurt or kill hikers
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2-utah-men-arrested-setting-deadly-booby-traps-popular-hiking-trail-article-1.1065935

Rasty
04-23-2012, 11:29
19 and 21 years old. Both seriously stupid and only charged with a misdemeanor.

Hoop
04-23-2012, 11:33

MyName1sMud
04-23-2012, 11:45
Wow. Someone needs to beat some sense into those boys.

Angel_Kisses
04-23-2012, 11:48
It's sad even getting out of the city..wanting to appreciate life instead of taking it for granted like most people do.....there's careless people that thnk of stuff like this:(

Sailing_Faith
04-23-2012, 11:51
Wow...

... without words.

sevensixtwo187
04-23-2012, 12:08
I think they should be made to negotiate those trails .... just my 2 cents.

V Eight
04-23-2012, 12:15
It's sad even getting out of the city..wanting to appreciate life instead of taking it for granted like most people do.....there's careless people that thnk of stuff like this:(

Careless my A$$ - These two should have been charged with a lot more than they did. There intent
did not seem so "careless" to me. Attempted Murder sounds right to me.

A couple of years ago a young "careless" guy, shot 2 cops dead. a few days later a a local
politician was on TV & radio asking "where did we fail poor (name)" in her opinion the whole
incident was John Q Public's fault.

my apologizes, to Angel_kisses as this rant has nothing to do with you personally

Angel_Kisses
04-23-2012, 12:56
i understand & do agree....no problem.
no need to appologize...it wasn't taken to heart.

Don H
04-23-2012, 14:09
"We hope that they learn a lesson from this"

I doubt it, the only thing they learned is how not to get caught next time.

Lyle
04-23-2012, 15:12
Those aren't "Kids".

Why do we always dismiss or temper stupidity and disregard for others as an act of "kids"? I never did anything like this when I was a real kid, nor did any of my friends or acquaintances. Wouldn't have even thought of it. By the time one is 19 or 20, they have outgrown that excuse.

No offense to Chaco Taco, I'm sure his intent wasn't to offer an excuse, but that is the way some look at it in our society. They aren't responsible, they are just young "kids". Baloney!

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 16:20
Pretty freaking scary.....

Rain Man
04-23-2012, 16:23
And this is "AT General" how?

This thread should be deleted or moved to an appropriate category... IF one even exist.

Rain Man

Chaco Taco
04-23-2012, 16:25
Those aren't "Kids".

Why do we always dismiss or temper stupidity and disregard for others as an act of "kids"? I never did anything like this when I was a real kid, nor did any of my friends or acquaintances. Wouldn't have even thought of it. By the time one is 19 or 20, they have outgrown that excuse.

No offense to Chaco Taco, I'm sure his intent wasn't to offer an excuse, but that is the way some look at it in our society. They aren't responsible, they are just young "kids". Baloney!

No offense taken. 19 and 21 is still kid to me. Use your own classification.Technically yes, they are adults but have obviously had some serious developmental deficiency that would lead them to do something like this. The crap college kids pull is pretty awful but this is pretty bad. Reminds me of the stories of 19 E and the fish-hooks hangin from branches.

Chaco Taco
04-23-2012, 16:27

This thread should be deleted or moved to an appropriate category... IF one even exist.

Rain Man

Because this type of thing has happened on the AT, as I related it in my last post. Thanks though

aaronthebugbuffet
04-23-2012, 19:57

Rain Man

Oh no it's it in the wrong section.

Angel_Kisses
04-23-2012, 20:12
i agree..i would like to know everything that takes place on the AT......also it helps alerts people in the area.
I don't know..that's just my opinion.

Chaco Taco
04-23-2012, 20:21
i agree..i would like to know everything that takes place on the AT......also it helps alerts people in the area.
I don't know..that's just my opinion.
It didn't happen on the AT but these types of things have happened and happen on the AT.;)

Sarcasm the elf
04-23-2012, 20:38
You can't fix stupid. Glad the forest service Officer found the traps. This story could have ended much worse.

Angel_Kisses
04-23-2012, 23:04
It didn't happen on the AT but these types of things have happened and happen on the AT.;)

ohhhh...gotcha.:)

Angel_Kisses
04-23-2012, 23:09
You can't fix stupid. Glad the forest service Officer found the traps. This story could have ended much worse.

& that's true....it couldve been worse...
(stay positive)<--- i like that!
---that actually just changed my thoughts on other things as well...

jbwood5
04-26-2012, 15:12
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Dangerous-booby-traps-found-on-popular-Utah-trail-3501549.php

Unbelievable idiots!

IrishBASTARD
04-26-2012, 17:54
These two are nothing more then animals...how sickening to garner pleasure from pain. Obviously our Justice system is a failure when two men...not kids but MEN be it mentally off men obtain such a skill. Wish them nothing but a lifetime in Jail but obviously hurting a hiker isnt anything more then swatting a gnat from your face.

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 18:06
If they wanted to see if and how there creation worked,they should have tried it on each other......cowards.

waasj
04-26-2012, 20:32
Just because it didn't happen on the AT doesn't mean it won't!!! Keep your eyes and ears on!!

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 20:40
Just because it didn't happen on the AT doesn't mean it won't!!! Keep your eyes and ears on!!new a kid growing up that strung some rope across a trail that some local motor cycle guys used,nobody got hurt except the rope artist,as I was told they kicked his but one at a time.just stupid.

lemon b
04-27-2012, 08:08
Just kids who need a swift kick in the ass.

That booby trap looks like a toy.