PDA

View Full Version : I'm a very serious person therefore I am!

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 19:08
When the heck did we as a people become so serious?Why do we feel the need to correct all the time?To make a statement,to take a stand,to be right!Is this just a by-product of communicating through typed messages,where body language,and inflection of voice does not come into play?Or is it just that much easier to say"hey,your wrong and I'm right because I've done more miles than you therefore,I'm a very serious person and your not!Getting a little tired(not really though)of hearing comments like."Yeah,how many miles have you done"?or"oh,there just a day hiker"what heck is that? I'll tell you what it is,but would rather you tell me what you think,cause the last time I checked,(a minute ago)that banner at the top said;"A Community of Appalachian Trail Enthusiasts"

Winds
04-23-2012, 19:09
You need help with your spacing. :)

hikerboy57
04-23-2012, 19:15
maybe im not reading your body language correctly, but i think you're wrong.
and your attitude stinks.and you use question marks too often.
:mad: lol .***.omg.
ive always felt that the lecturing is out of frustration that we're typing rather than hiking.
there is a verse entitled 'the final analysis" that helps me keep my perspective. you can read it here:http://www.inspiration-oasis.com/mother-teresa-prayer.html#Written

Rasty
04-23-2012, 19:28
Seriously did someone steal your space bar on your keyboard?

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 19:28
You need help with your spacing. :)spellarin too!

kayak karl
04-23-2012, 19:33
;"A Community of Appalachian Trail Enthusiasts"
it's a lie..........:welcomeTo WhiteBlaze

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 19:36
maybe I'm not reading your body language correctly, but i think you're wrong.
and your attitude stinks.and you use question marks too often.
:mad: lol .***.omg.
Ive always felt that the lecturing is out of frustration that we're typing rather than hiking.
there is a verse entitled 'the final analysis" that helps me keep my perspective. you can read it here:http://www.inspiration-oasis.com/mother-teresa-prayer.html#WrittenAah,I'm back now and rejuvenated,thanks I like the movie there instead of the ...more pictures.Thanks I needed that!good for another day.

Rasty
04-23-2012, 19:38
I've hiked less than many others. Therefore I've carried less accumulative weight, therefore I know more about carrying less weight than many others!

Punch a hole in that logic.

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 19:45
it's a lie..........:welcomeTo WhiteBlazeAnd a big Hiddie Ho,to you too :sunthanks karl

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 19:49
I've hiked less than many others. Therefore I've carried less accumulative weight, therefore I know more about carrying less weight than many others!

Punch a hole in that logic.No way man.Iv'e read this more than17 times and still get it!

Odd Man Out
04-23-2012, 20:19

Punch a hole in that logic.

Since people learn from their mistakes and I make more mistakes than anyone, I know more than anyone!

Take that!

hikerboy57
04-23-2012, 20:23
Since people learn from their mistakes and I make more mistakes than anyone, I know more than anyone!

Take that!

im still accumulating more knowledge!

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 20:34
im still accumulating more knowledge!Hey in that respect....I'm a mad dog genious.

johnnybgood
04-23-2012, 20:40
Whew !! That's an accumulative weight off my shoulders...

hikerboy57
04-23-2012, 20:42
Whew !! That's an accumulative weight off my shoulders...

best to travel light

kayak karl
04-23-2012, 20:45
One never realizes how much and how little he knows until he starts walking.

oldbear
04-23-2012, 20:47
When the heck did we as a people become so serious?
When The North Face stopped making an Acapulco Gold colored sleeping bag ?

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 21:21
One never realizes how much and how little he knows until he starts walking.So very true,I've contemplated many things while walking...........the least of which.....This is ringing a bell for me?

MuddyWaters
04-23-2012, 22:40
I think its due to fluorescent lighting and video games.

rocketsocks
04-23-2012, 23:55
I think its due to fluorescent lighting and video games.I think there is direct correlation between fluorescent light,computer screens and brain wave synapse,or lack there of......"I lack ice cream:p"

Capt Nat
04-24-2012, 08:12
Inserting some seriousness into this thread, I'm kinda new to computers but I thought when I joined this forum that I knew hikers. I'm constantly surprised at the seriousness and hostility often encountered here. On the trail, most I encounter are more of a brotherhood. Hikers in Florida are introverted and circumspect. Tolerance goes to the concept of minding ones own business. As I'm trudging along feeding deerflies, I could care less how heavy your pack is, how many years you've hiked, or your daily mileage. Sometimes at camp, I do envy your food bag. I would have expected this to be a much more relaxed forum, it is what it is though....

Thirsty DPD
04-24-2012, 08:43
Sharing experience is what I expected when I came on WB. And once I wade through the opinions, trashing, & bashing there is some substance. I've noticed most of the trash comes from some of the most 'experienced', they must feel entitled to puke some of their pathetic nonsense. Am I getting too serious? If they only had as much foot on trail experience as they do 'hands on' keyboard experience. Some people can only feel important at someone else's expense. Fortunately most of 'old sages' give themselves away in time. I wonder how much their crap would soften if I ask them face to face to repeat some of what they've posted here... it would probably turn to diarrhea.

Anyway, I confess, am the worst of hikers, the filthest of backpackers. You see, I wear over the ankle hiking boots, and for the past 30 yrs. use the same wooden hiking stick. It gets much worse, I hike with Angus, he's a dog (just don't tell him that), and I backpack proudly wearing my families/clans tartan. I need intervention, and I'm at the right place, thank you WB. A WB outcast is what I am......maybe that's not such a bad thing.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 08:49
Inserting some seriousness into this thread, I'm kinda new to computers but I thought when I joined this forum that I knew hikers. I'm constantly surprised at the seriousness and hostility often encountered here. On the trail, most I encounter are more of a brotherhood. Hikers in Florida are introverted and circumspect. Tolerance goes to the concept of minding ones own business. As I'm trudging along feeding deerflies, I could care less how heavy your pack is, how many years you've hiked, or your daily mileage. Sometimes at camp, I do envy your food bag. I would have expected this to be a much more relaxed forum, it is what it is though....+1 Capt.Nat.....and I too don't care much for the deer flies,there just mean.

Spokes
04-24-2012, 08:57
When the heck did we as a people become so serious??......

Exactly. I find, most of the time, people tend to be too literal. You know, lacking the ability of the abstract thought process. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstraction

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 08:59
Sharing experience is what I expected when I came on WB. And once I wade through the opinions, trashing, & bashing there is some substance. I've noticed most of the trash comes from some of the most 'experienced', they must feel entitled to puke some of their pathetic nonsense. Am I getting too serious? If they only had as much foot on trail experience as they do 'hands on' keyboard experience. Some people can only feel important at someone else's expense. Fortunately most of 'old sages' give themselves away in time. I wonder how much their crap would soften if I ask them face to face to repeat some of what they've posted here... it would probably turn to diarrhea.

Anyway, I confess, am the worst of hikers, the filthest of backpackers. You see, I wear over the ankle hiking boots, and for the past 30 yrs. use the same wooden hiking stick. It gets much worse, I hike with Angus, he's a dog (just don't tell him that), and I backpack proudly wearing my families/clans tartan. I need intervention, and I'm at the right place, thank you WB. A WB outcast is what I am......maybe that's not such a bad thing.Awesome,my only cretique,get the dog a kilt.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:03
Exactly. I find, most of the time, people tend to be too literal. You know, lacking the ability of the abstract thought process. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AbstractionDig it....keep it pithy!

Thirsty DPD
04-24-2012, 09:05
Awesome,my only cretique,get the dog a kilt.

I would, but he's worried some 'sage' might be curious if he's commando.

Pedaling Fool
04-24-2012, 09:06
I come across as serious a lot, but it's not so much as me being a serious person (I'm not), rather my curiosity eclipses all my other traits, including my sense of humor. That why I like to discuss (some will say debate) issues, not so much to impart my opinion, but to hear opinions of others. And sometimes I do change my mind based on that...

I also try and not let the little things get to me, but there are some things that I just can't let go, like keeping food in ones tent -- it's safe... I'm sick of hearing people that don't understand bear behavior...I could go on :D
Come to think of it :-? Maybe that makes me a serious person :confused:

Spokes
04-24-2012, 09:14
Dig it....keep it pithy!

heheheheeeee

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:20
I would, but he's worried some 'sage' might be curious if he's commando.Maybe one of them old midevil wrought iron chastity belts...in carbon fiber ocorse.

Pedaling Fool
04-24-2012, 09:25
Maybe one of them old midevil wrought iron chastity belts...in carbon fiber ocorse.
Not to be too serious but it's spelled: Medieval :D

Thirsty DPD
04-24-2012, 09:29
Maybe one of them old midevil wrought iron chastity belts...in carbon fiber ocorse.

Ultralite, w/ tintanium lock. Angus hopes the chastity belt is for the curiousity seekers. His claim is his leash keeps him under control.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:32
I come across as serious a lot, but it's not so much as me being a serious person (I'm not), rather my curiosity eclipses all my other traits, including my sense of humor. That why I like to discuss (some will say debate) issues, not so much to impart my opinion, but to hear opinions of others. And sometimes I do change my mind based on that...

I also try and not let the little things get to me, but there are some things that I just can't let go, like keeping food in ones tent -- it's safe... I'm sick of hearing people that don't understand bear behavior...I could go on :D
Come to think of it :-? Maybe that makes me a serious person :confused:Nope,to late,you already contemplated,can't be serious if you comptemplate.And that,just may be the difference folks.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:36
Ultralite, w/ tintanium lock. Angus hopes the chastity belt is for the curiousity seekers. His claim is his leash keeps him under control.Aye,thee ole control is an illusion trick thing,Hey little puppy,ra@$%#

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:40
Not to be too serious but it's spelled: Medieval :DAre you serious? LMAO....im an idiot!

Pedaling Fool
04-24-2012, 09:43
We're all idiots and as soon as everyone realizes that then we'll all be much happier :) and less serious ;)

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:50
We're all idiots and as soon as everyone realizes that then we'll all be much happier :) and less serious ;)I gotta blame it on sister Mary Elephant...Sound it out,sound it out.being taught to spell pathetically has had it's draw backs.you sould see what happens when I don't use spell check!my old spell check just picked the word I wanted,now this one makes me guess with a serious of choices.Well if I knew the word I wanted,i would have asked spell check.........:rolleyes:

Gray Blazer
04-24-2012, 09:53
I gotta blame it on sister Mary Elephant...Sound it out,sound it out.being taught to spell pathetically has had it's draw backs.you sould see what happens when I don't use spell check!my old spell check just picked the word I wanted,now this one makes me guess with a serious of choices.Well if I knew the word I wanted,i would have asked spell check.........:rolleyes:

Sister Mary Amnesia was a better teacher and didn't yell.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:58
Sister Mary Amnesia was a better teacher and didn't yell.Oh ya the yellin...I broke many of pointer with me knucks.