PDA

View Full Version : "It's just walking"

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 02:18
For some "it's just walkin",nothin fancy,just an easy walk in the park,an attitude if you will.For others it's anything but walkin,it's a freaking look out,cause I'm coming through.So are you "just walkin"or are you "Yo,I'm walkin here"?

moytoy
04-24-2012, 07:05
If I'm catching someone on the trail I will usually slow a little and just pace with them rather than push them to move over. As long as they are not going too too slow. My brother and I were on the AT a few years ago and were holding back but just in sight of a man and a woman hiking ahead of us. We finally did catch them at a shelter only to find them very leary of us and much relieved to find that we were not stalking them. We tented and they stayed in the shelter. When we got ready to move on the next morning they were already gone. We soon caught up with them and they quickly let us catch them and moved over to let us go through. I guess some people don't like someone behind them.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 07:16
.....I find one of those bicycle horns with the big black bulb heipful,put one on a hiking stick....turn signal indicators will also keep one safe and free of side swipes.

coach lou
04-24-2012, 08:43
I am very rarely catching up to anyone, but on that rare occasion, a simple "...by your leave" or "Excuse me" seems to work, and I always let folks pass. I'm just not in that big a hurry.

Spokes
04-24-2012, 08:45
Like the ocean, there is an ebb and flow on the trail. I try to live in the moment but admit when I'm in "the zone" the hiking pace picks up.

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:09
Like the ocean, there is an ebb and flow on the trail. I try to live in the moment but admit when I'm in "the zone" the hiking pace picks up.I hear ya,but that first part had me thinking of a soap opera intro.Through the sands of time:D

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:15
I am very rarely catching up to anyone, but on that rare occasion, a simple "...by your leave" or "Excuse me" seems to work, and I always let folks pass. I'm just not in that big a hurry.I just had a flash of Road Runner leaving a dusty trail from hozion to horizon...Beep Beep....Zoom!!!:D

Thirsty DPD
04-24-2012, 09:18
I picture mid March thru mid April NOBO looking like a military force march, all those legs moving like a caterpillar, ebb & flow, ebb & flow.

ChinMusic
04-24-2012, 09:43
For some "it's just walkin",nothin fancy,just an easy walk in the park,an attitude if you will.For others it's anything but walkin,it's a freaking look out,cause I'm coming through.So are you "just walkin"or are you "Yo,I'm walkin here"?

Lone Wolf needs to write a book. I wonder what the title will be............

Add in a forward from Matty......wow

rocketsocks
04-24-2012, 09:54
Lone Wolf needs to write a book. I wonder what the title will be............

Add in a forward from Matty......wowI'd by that book.I don't this matty,but it sounds like me hm had some of the same teachers.

Capt Nat
04-25-2012, 19:29
I start out beboppin along, end in a death march, somewhere in the middle, I'm just walking...