PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Yahoo e-mail account

boarstone
04-24-2012, 10:05
Anyone out there who has my yahoo e-mail, it's been hacked, they are asking for $$, don't open. I'm very much here in the U.S. I'm not in trouble. :eek:

Rain Man
04-24-2012, 10:09
Just to be clear, that often is not a hack, but a spoof. If they hack, they take control of your account away from you. If they spoof, they merely send emails that pretend to be from you.

Either way, NOT NICE.

Rain Man

MyName1sMud
04-24-2012, 10:30
I'm a prince from Nigeria and I would really like you to send me..... Oh wait. I mean HELP. I've been mugged and lost all my money and passport. You're the only person I can get in touch with and I need money to get home to America....

Something along those lines???? I haha

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

flemdawg1
04-24-2012, 10:33
I had a similar problem where my yahoo acct appeared to be sending spam emails w/ people responding back to my acct that I was sending them. I changed my email acct password and it immediately stopped.

Farr Away
04-24-2012, 11:50
I had a similar problem where my yahoo acct appeared to be sending spam emails w/ people responding back to my acct that I was sending them. I changed my email acct password and it immediately stopped.

I had to change my password twice - the second time to an extremely strong password. That stopped it.

Odd Man Out
04-24-2012, 13:42
So that winning lottery ticket thing was a scam? Nuts!

Samson
04-26-2012, 13:57
So that winning lottery ticket thing was a scam? Nuts!

man....... I knew something was fishy when I won twice in one day.....

atraildreamer
04-29-2012, 16:18
I got one claiming to be from PayPal telling me to update my credit card info or my account would be closed. I contacted PayPal's security department and found out it was a spoof set up by some guy in Russia. They finally caught him.