PDA

View Full Version : Hammocks and Aeriel acrobatics

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 01:08
Have any of you hammock hangers ever got in your hammock only to find yourself quickly on the ground?Or been set for the night and then something happend that required speedy attention and again over you go?

Capt Nat
04-26-2012, 09:24
Military jungle hammock. Stretched pretty tight. Woke up falling through the mosquito bar. Short fall. Ground soft and wet, yuk! Ambushed by waiting mosquitos. I was naked and it wasn't funny, therefore, should not be in humor section...:)

kayak karl
04-26-2012, 09:38
Have any of you hammock hangers ever got in your hammock only to find yourself quickly on the ground?Or been set for the night and then something happend that required speedy attention and again over you go?
you've never been in a camping hammock, have you :rolleyes:

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 11:44
you've never been in a camping hammock, have you :rolleyes:Never not,one time.....got a hammock in the yard,but that thing is all but impossible to flip,and I've tried.

leaftye
04-26-2012, 11:57
Not immediately, but my first night I had one of my tree straps shimmy down the trunk. I had to get up and redo it when the lean got too uncomfortable.

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 12:26
Not immediately, but my first night I had one of my tree straps shimmy down the trunk. I had to get up and redo it when the lean got too uncomfortable.Yep,I set up a tent on just enough of a slope with my head at the down hand end......worst no-sleep I ever have,wont do that again.

Pixelgator
04-27-2012, 06:22
First time I tried out my new Blackbird using Wal-Mart. caribiners I hit the ground but lived to tell about it!

Theosus
04-27-2012, 06:53
Always wondered about those straps. On hickory trees those things don't move. I set mine up too high once, and it was hard to get in. Due to a little rope stretch, getting out was no biggie.

Bearpaw
04-28-2012, 15:39
It's really hard to fall out of a gathered end hammock. I haven't in 7 years of hanging.

excuses
04-28-2012, 22:42
First time in 5 years. was hanging Easter Sunday at Land Between the Lakes (Ky) and woke up on the ground. Embarrassed to mention it though.