PDA

View Full Version : Morning Coffee

JAK
04-26-2012, 08:33
There weren't any recent coffee threads so I thought I would open one.
I've got another 2 hours before heading in to work. Tarping flatbeds.
Getting fit but still on the fat side.

yellowsirocco
04-26-2012, 09:03
It sounds like you actually deserve a cup, seeing as you are doing real work and all. Starbucks pisses me off.

Capt Nat
04-26-2012, 09:13
Not a coffee elitest. Plain old black, cheap, any brand coffee. Long as it's hot, black, strong, and clears some of this mental fog so that I can face the day...

Hooch
04-26-2012, 10:48
I'm the same way. I like my coffee the same way I like my women: Cheap, hot and bitter.

(Just kidding, honey!)

oldbear
04-26-2012, 11:12
and then there is vietnamese coffee
Seriously good stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNdwx3elys

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 11:25
I'm diggin my kerig,I don't drink as much coffee as I use to and it's convenient when I need a cup without making a whole pot.

moytoy
04-26-2012, 11:39
I bet I put something in my coffee that nobody else does. 1 large scoop of whey protein per cup. I'm trying to stave off the muscle loss that comes with old age!

kidchill
04-26-2012, 14:53
I bet I put something in my coffee that nobody else does. 1 large scoop of whey protein per cup. I'm trying to stave off the muscle loss that comes with old age!

I do this as well...1 for the taste, 2 for the 20gms of protein to start my day ;)

Odd Man Out
04-26-2012, 15:05
There was a coffee cup thread a couple of weeks ago. It died out just shy of 100 posts. How desperate are we to have a 100 post thread just on the cups?

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 15:29
90 to go...........

daddytwosticks
04-26-2012, 15:36
Coffee for me is a blessing and a curse...:)

KristalB
04-26-2012, 16:37
I HAVE to have coffee for my brain to function. So yeah, it's not IF I bring coffee... it's in what FORM shall I bring coffee? Heh.

On cool hikes, I love to pack chocolate covered espresso beans for breakfast. Coffee, mocha, cream, and sugar in every bite. Yummo. During my warmer hikes I'm gonna pack Chocolate Chip Espresso Biscotti as well as Latte Bars. Latte Bars were a hit in April so I know they will do me just fine. Have yet to make the Biscotti. Looking forward to it tho. :)

Biggie Master
04-26-2012, 18:35
I'm diggin my kerig,I don't drink as much coffee as I use to and it's convenient when I need a cup without making a whole pot.

Ditto on the keurig, but it's made me drink more. It's just too easy to have a cup anytime! And do you know when it's good to have a cup of coffee? ANYTIME!

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 19:46
Ditto on the keurig, but it's made me drink more. It's just too easy to have a cup anytime! And do you know when it's good to have a cup of coffee? ANYTIME!I don't usually go in for all the tooty fruity ones,but had a coconut flavor this morn...pretty good,having a half and half reg right now.

waasj
04-26-2012, 20:37
I find that the Starbucks Vio might just make it worth having Starbucks on every freakin' corner. Little weight, not much trash, and a decent cup of coffee, especially if you use two.

theoilman
04-26-2012, 20:42
What is the deal with coffee? I haven't had any in over 10 years, and don't miss it. Hot tea is something else. But this is supposed to be a coffee thread.

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 20:50
What is the deal with coffee? I haven't had any in over 10 years, and don't miss it. Hot tea is something else. But this is supposed to be a coffee thread.I have tried to like tea.Tried some of the loose leaves in a tea ball,I just never seem to go for it first thing.I'm sure it's better for you than coffee,certainly easier to prepair....I just may end up on this rock being a tea drinker...just never know!

Odd Man Out
04-26-2012, 20:55
What is the deal with coffee? I haven't had any in over 10 years, and don't miss it. Hot tea is something else. But this is supposed to be a coffee thread.

It wouldn't be WB without a hijacked thread! I do coffee in the AM and tea in the PM. Partial to jasmine green tea. Both will definitely be in my pack.

Papa D
04-26-2012, 20:56
Camped out in the field next to Sunrift Adventures last night - nice night - could hear some traffic noise but slept great - woke up and had TWO "Bold Italian Roast Starbucks VIAs" that I dumped in my pot of boiling water - - it was a great way to start out a day that saw both big thunderstorms and sunburn over my whole torso - - go figure

Capt Nat
04-26-2012, 20:58
I think we should keep tea off the coffee thread. If they want a thread, they should start their own! Bah!

Papa D
04-26-2012, 21:01
I think we should keep tea off the coffee thread. If they want a thread, they should start their own! Bah!

What do you say to Yerba mate and Hot Chocolate?

rocketsocks
04-26-2012, 21:17
I think we should keep tea off the coffee thread. If they want a thread, they should start their own! Bah!Oops,sorry bout that.....Capt Nat,spoken like a true coffee snob!:)tryin to explore new horizons.

Biggie Master
04-26-2012, 21:47
I have nothing against a cup of tea, but given the choice of any tea or a cup of hot coffee -- 99 times out of 100 I'll take coffee. To me tea is like a light beer, where coffee is the equivalent of a porter or stout -- it's just more satisfying.

Pony
04-26-2012, 22:06
I don't usually go in for all the tooty fruity ones,but had a coconut flavor this morn...pretty good,having a half and half reg right now.

Green Mountain? I became hopelessly addicted to Green Mountain coffee while on the trail. Hard to find here though except in the K-cup. Not to worry, I have a keurig.

trucker2015
04-27-2012, 01:46
Being that he is on the trail I'll put a word in for Mr Coffee him self.
One should drink enuff coffee in a day that it can run from your vains.

One week in hope your having a grate time new freind.

rocketsocks
04-27-2012, 01:58
Green Mountain? I became hopelessly addicted to Green Mountain coffee while on the trail. Hard to find here though except in the K-cup. Not to worry, I have a keurig.In fact it was "Green
Mountain House",pretty good...we like it.

oldbear
04-27-2012, 02:35
It's the aroma
Like a NYC Italian deli , fresh baked bread and roasting cocoa beans coffee has one of those great aromas that turns you on before you taste it

daddytwosticks
04-27-2012, 07:25
It's the aroma
Like a NYC Italian deli , fresh baked bread and roasting cocoa beans coffee has one of those great aromas that turns you on before you taste it My brother-in-law absolutely loves the aroma of fresh brewed coffee, but hates drinking it. Go figure? :)

JAK
04-27-2012, 08:27
Morning all. Having a Tim Horton's double double today after dropping wife off and resting before the afternoon shift. I have a Tassimo at home. I feel guilty about the plastic coffee turds but its very handy when I am asleep standing up first thing AM for my paper route. I have a square of dark chocolate with it. I prefer 72%, but I also like 82% because with 82% I am less tempted to have too many. I am also a big tea drinker, but I'm the first to admit it doesn't cut it first thing in the AM. Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, and my homemade spiced Chai are my favourites. I also hate Starbucks, although I like the atmosphere of there coffee shops in bookstores. Not a fan of Tim Hortons and McDonalds going the way of Starbucks with their very poor attempts at Latte's etc.

rocketsocks
04-27-2012, 09:53
I too like a little AT2% chocolate,got a Bar for x-mas that had Anahiem chilis mixed with it,that was a pretty darn good combo.

tophatxj
04-28-2012, 00:35

Well it isn't like anyone is discussing tea worth drinking.
Tea should have sugar in it like god intended and served iced. :D

yellowsirocco
04-28-2012, 00:43

Aeropress is a good way to brew single cups without the Kerig expense.

rocketsocks
04-28-2012, 00:46
Tea should have sugar in it like god intended and served iced. :DPretty sure ya'll call it sweet tea down there.;)must be an infilltrater,like me.:)

rocketsocks
04-28-2012, 00:52
Aeropress is a good way to brew single cups without the Kerig expense.I had never herd of that,and had to lookit up,pretty cool.I like stuff that has dual uses or in this case fourple.;):D

Odd Man Out
04-28-2012, 10:01
Tea should have sugar in it like god intended and served iced. :D

I drink about a half gallon of iced tea every day in the summer - never instant, never sweetened.
My experience has been that you southerners have been very hospitable to us Yankees, nevertheless.

GritsNgreens
04-28-2012, 12:23
I'm the same way. I like my coffee the same way I like my women: Cheap, hot and bitter.

(Just kidding, honey!)....now that's funny!! Back in my drinking days I'd put in a shot or 2 but those days are long gone, now it's just straight black, I'm not a coffee snob by any means but you really appreciate good coffee after drinking Chickory for a year, that stuff is God awful

Nitrojoe
04-28-2012, 21:12
i have used a coffee liquid concentrate called JAVA JUICE. It comes in sealed small containers. When added to hot water it comes as close to the taste of a good cup of coffee without that taste of an instant kind. You can buy this on line, just type in JAVA JUICE. On the AT this year I found it in the outfitter stores.

daddytwosticks
04-29-2012, 16:25
i have used a coffee liquid concentrate called JAVA JUICE. It comes in sealed small containers. When added to hot water it comes as close to the taste of a good cup of coffee without that taste of an instant kind. You can buy this on line, just type in JAVA JUICE. On the AT this year I found it in the outfitter stores.
I've used this before and it was one of my favorites. I've been looking for it in the outfitters down this way. No luck. May have to order some on line. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Hoofit
04-29-2012, 18:32
I have nothing against a cup of tea, but given the choice of any tea or a cup of hot coffee -- 99 times out of 100 I'll take coffee. To me tea is like a light beer, where coffee is the equivalent of a porter or stout -- it's just more satisfying.

OK, coming from England , I have vast experience with decent tea - after all, my very distant relatives planted the darned stuff in northern India - I even made a pilgrimage to 'Darjeeling', an ex British hill station prior to hiking in Nepal, where really fresh, 'tips only' tea will just blow your mind with flavor!
My conclusion, after aproximately fifteen thousand cuppas, is that tea is by far more refreshing than coffe at the start of the day.

I would recommend 'PG Tips','Typhoo', and most Yorkshire blends as folks up there in the moors tend to enjoy their tea well rounded, balanced and STRONG !!
As far as accompaniments go, tea is best served with milk (regular,4%) and white sugar, either lumps or granular.
A well loved Sunday tradition is 'Tea and Scones' with a dollop of fresh cream. Ah!!!!

mussleman1234
04-29-2012, 18:38
Hills Brothers English toffee is all I'm going to say!!!