PDA

View Full Version : Lakeshore House, Monson Maine /2012 season

TJ aka Teej
05-02-2012, 14:26
Host: Rebekah Anderson aka Double Zero

"The 2011 hiker season was absolutely fabulous and season 2012 will be in full swing come the end of mud season!!
I am truly blessed to have met everyone who walked through the door and became a part of our little place here....
Please, please send summit photos!!
Big news!! We have added a long term resupply store; food, fuel, personal products and a few small gear items.
Featured is everything from olive oil by the ounce, individual ziplock bags, AAA batteries, Ben and Jerry's, peanut butter, candy, flour tortillas, tuna packs, fruit pies, farm fresh hard boiled eggs, any noodle dish you could want, more candy, power bars, trail mix, honey buns, Little Debbie snacks, small amounts of spices, little jelly packets, individual powdered drink packets, small amounts of hard cheese and smoked meats, honey, nutella, to travel size personal hygiene items. The list goes on and on, but this should give you an idea of what will be available.
We do not have gear, but will still provide reasonably priced shuttles to the outfitter in Greenville.
Oh, we have all types of fuel available including denatured alcohol by the ounce!!"

http://www.thelakeshorehouse.com/at_hiker_information

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lakeshore-House/113557262001997

TJ aka Teej
05-03-2012, 20:57
Update tonight (5/3/12) from Rebekah: She already has a great resupply store, but she's really beefing it up to cover the General Store's closing!

Tinker
05-03-2012, 22:04
I'm glad she didn't sell the place. It was on the verge of going on the market back in 2008. She's a great person - she even had her son sleep in her bedroom with her so that I would have a bed (I don't know how well he liked it, though ;)). The food was first class, too. Folks passing through town on motorcycles and bicycles stopped by to have a meal. It was great to be able to swap stories with some of them in the dining room.

SouthMark
05-03-2012, 22:52
Lakeshore House was one of my favorite places in Maine.

Tinker
05-03-2012, 23:01
I forgot to mention the dock, including use of kayaks and canoes for guests, and the "water fires" in the floating fire box at night.

Lakeshore House
05-17-2012, 14:18
Hey! I am sooooo excited as I just registered on White Blaze! This is Lakeshore House in Monson and we can't wait for you all to get here. Rumor was that there is no resupply in Monson and that is just not true. Please check out our website for a complete list of what we offer. If we don't have it we will take you to Greenville....Stay tuned to for cool photos, specials and events....God Bless!

WIAPilot
05-17-2012, 15:01
You are already on my list for 2013!! I looked at your great website and just cracked up when I saw laundromat and pub. I wish every place had this, as waiting around for laundry has to be one of the most boring things in the world. I still remember it from college days! If you have canoes and kayaks, I'm staying longer!

TJ aka Teej
05-17-2012, 21:15
Hey! I am sooooo excited as I just registered on White Blaze! This is Lakeshore House in Monson and we can't wait for you all to get here. Rumor was that there is no resupply in Monson and that is just not true. Please check out our website for a complete list of what we offer. If we don't have it we will take you to Greenville....Stay tuned to for cool photos, specials and events....God Bless!
Welcome, Rebekah!!
I look forward to hearing when that fist GAMEr hits Monson!

TJ aka Teej
05-17-2012, 21:16
You are already on my list for 2013!! I looked at your great website and just cracked up when I saw laundromat and pub. I wish every place had this, as waiting around for laundry has to be one of the most boring things in the world. I still remember it from college days! If you have canoes and kayaks, I'm staying longer!

It's the finest laundromat on the AT! And yup, she has kayaks!

AngryGerman
06-11-2013, 14:18
I have fond memories of Rebekah, Katie and a couple locals, one in particular, Pony Tail Paul Stiffler! I neroed, zeroed, and neroed that's how much I love that place. I believe I consumed a huge amount of food and beer there as well. If I am stateside this winter I think I may travel up there to hit the trails on my sleds and stay with Rebekah and friends.

RyanK817
06-12-2013, 00:15
My wife and I were SOBOs in 2011 and we caught a ride to Lakeshore after the Wilderness. It was Rebekah's wedding day, and she broke away from getting ready to come show us to our room and make sure we were all taken care of. She did the same for other hikers that day day, and her about-to-be-husband was helping out hikers too. The food in the restaurant was fantastic as well. I can't say enough good things about Rebekah and Lakeshore, it's seriously a can't-miss place on the trail.