PDA

View Full Version : SOBO logistics question

bigpopcrush
05-03-2012, 17:20
I am starting a SOBO hike June 1st and a friend of mine wants to drive up with me and hike Katahdin as well as the first 25 - 35 miles or so and the. He would drive home and I would continue. Logistically I thought pollywog stream would be the jumping off point for him.. For those in the know what would make sense for him in regards to getting off the trail and where to park the car?

Quadzilla
05-04-2012, 15:36
I do shuttles in the area and am based out of Monson. There is adequate parking at Pollywog stream and I can arrange to (a) leave his car there so he can leave when he arrives and then shuttle you both to Baxter or (b)--not the best option, so consider (a)---pick him up when he arrives. Visit my website at www.100milewilderness.info (http://www.100milewilderness.info) I can also do a resupply for you (or you could leave your needs at his car for when you both arrive.

TJ aka Teej
05-04-2012, 17:42
a friend of mine wants to drive up with me and hike Katahdin as well as the first 25 - 35 miles or so

Park the car at Abol Bridge, hike the Blueberry Ledges trail to Katahdin Stream - 7 miles. Katahdin Stream to Baxter Peak and back - 10.4 miles. Katahdin Stream to Abol Bridge - 10 miles. Abol Bridge to Hurd brook - 3.7 miles. Camp at Hurd Brook, you hike south the next morning, he hikes out to car. He'll end up with about 35 miles total.