PDA

View Full Version : Rec Damascus MRO, Sundog or camping facilities?

BobbyNoel
05-06-2012, 15:06
Any recommendation about the Mt Rogers Outfitters or Sundog guest facility? Are their hostels grim? Other suggestion about where to stay for Trail Days or should I hand with the others in the tenting area?

BobbyNoel
05-06-2012, 15:07
... sorry, I meant, "hang out" with the others tenting?

Slo-go'en
05-06-2012, 16:03
You should make a reservation at one of the B+B's now, if it isn't already too late. Unless you get to town well before trail days, all the hostels will likely be full up. If you arrive after say Wensday the week of trial days, it is unlikely you will find an open bed or bunk in town.

warren doyle
05-06-2012, 17:03
I have quite a few beds available (donation accepted) at the folk school just ten miles from Damascus. No pets,smoking or alcohol (including drunkenness on-site).

CrumbSnatcher
05-06-2012, 17:39
i know in the past the MRO hostel was always reserved for family and friends of MRO for/around traildays
basically the only time of the year it wasn't available

Lone Wolf
05-06-2012, 19:57
Any recommendation about the Mt Rogers Outfitters or Sundog guest facility? Are their hostels grim? Other suggestion about where to stay for Trail Days or should I hand with the others in the tenting area?

MRO is already booked. Sundog has no hostel. all B&Bs are booked by now. usually. go to the zoo campground for $5

Trubrit
05-07-2012, 02:00
u hiking through ? No brainer. Camp with the hikers. Come see us at the Fort Bastian Hospitality tent. You can know you will be fed and entertained.

Old Hiker
05-08-2012, 08:34
As of 22 Apr, the Montgomery Homestead Inn was fully booked thru Trail days, according to Ms. Montgomery. She also stated that as far as she knew, all the inns were booked as well.

Gray Blazer
05-08-2012, 08:41
Lots of free car camping in the area.