PDA

View Full Version : Lowe Alpine DryPhase Pullon

A-Train
04-06-2005, 18:46
Anyone own or have experience with the Lowe Alpine Dryphase Pullon jacket? It's at my local outfitter for 40 bucks and looks and feels strikingly similar to the Marmot Driclime Windshirt I've always wanted but never wanted to spend the money for. It can't weight more than 4 or 5 ounces and seems like a good deal. Anyone?

A-Train
04-20-2005, 18:48
So i finally bought the thing after trying it on numerous times and walking away. I was pretty off on the weight (it's 9 oz), but for 40 bucks it was a steal. Was marked as a Lowe Alpine "sample" at my local outfitter. Its got a pocket and zips half way. I seriously don't see how it differs much at all from the Marmot Driclime and is much cheaper. Worked well on a cold rainy day. Check these out! I'll give a more detailed report after I've used it a couple weeks this summer

MedicineMan
04-20-2005, 21:57
the marmot dryclime and got one, then got the Buffalo, then got the EMS copy, only to discover I cannot hike in any of them due to heat build up. I did wea the Dryclime last week in a downpour when unloading a couple of kayaks...was in drenching rain for 20 minutes, the outside layer of the dryclime of course soaked but inside i was warm/moist....coupled with a puffball vest these garments cover a wide range of temps.

Pencil Pusher
04-21-2005, 00:51
...Lowe Alpine Dryphase Pullon...
Say that fast three times.

plodder
04-21-2005, 20:14
the marmot dryclime and got one, then got the Buffalo, then got the EMS copy, only to discover I cannot hike in any of them due to heat build up. I did wea the Dryclime last week in a downpour when unloading a couple of kayaks...was in drenching rain for 20 minutes, the outside layer of the dryclime of course soaked but inside i was warm/moist....coupled with a puffball vest these garments cover a wide range of temps.

How is the heat situ up in the air with wind or rain? Talked to several people who gushed about the Driclime. I'd like to find something like that with alittle more sleeve length. Or a Golite shell with about 4" more.