PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Carvers Gap NB to Damascus this week

BobbyNoel
05-07-2012, 09:36
I doing the Carvers Gap to Damascus section this week, May 9-19; is this summer wear or winter wear?
Rob/aka/Friendly

bigcranky
05-07-2012, 10:05
The current forecast shows lows in the low 40s or maybe the mid 30s later in the week at elevation. Highs in the 50s or 60s. That calls for clothing for shoulder seasons. If it were me, I would wear shorts, a s/s wool base layer, and a wind shirt, and bring wool long johns, a light down jacket, and my rain shell and rain pants. Hat and gloves, of course, but only one set. But I hike and sleep really hot. Colder people would want another layer, and possibly long hiking pants.

I just now see that you are from Florida, so maybe add pants for hiking, swap for a long sleeve base layer for hiking and another for camp, and add a light fleece zip tee.

Moose2001
05-07-2012, 10:10
The current forecast shows lows in the low 40s or maybe the mid 30s later in the week at elevation. Highs in the 50s or 60s. That calls for clothing for shoulder seasons. If it were me, I would wear shorts, a s/s wool base layer, and a wind shirt, and bring wool long johns, a light down jacket, and my rain shell and rain pants. Hat and gloves, of course, but only one set. But I hike and sleep really hot. Colder people would want another layer, and possibly long hiking pants.

I just now see that you are from Florida, so maybe add pants for hiking, swap for a long sleeve base layer for hiking and another for camp, and add a light fleece zip tee.

+1. Good advice. I'd do the same.

BobbyNoel
05-07-2012, 13:59
Great advice; thanks.

Blissful
05-07-2012, 18:40
I'd take am insulated jacket too and don't forget a hat