PDA

View Full Version : Velcro,what have you used it for?

rocketsocks
05-08-2012, 17:31
A while back I bought a pair of convertible fleece mittens.The mitten part flipped back over the back of the hand and attached to a piece of Velcro on the wrist,and the thumb flipped back as well.The problem for me was when I went to wipe my nose and dragged the Velcro across my nose (The hook side)$@%#,and then a few min later did the same thing,@#%$I now have a pair that uses magnets instead,though the other pair are still good.My plan was to remove the Velcro.and just let em dangle.what have you used Velcro for,or remove?

ChinMusic
05-08-2012, 18:07
For trips to dusty/sandy areas, where I am going to wear some low gaiters, I put Velcro on the heal of my shoe ("glued" on with seam seal). I have the other Velcro on the gaiter. In this way I do not need to have a strap go under my shoe.

ChinMusic
05-08-2012, 18:09
I also use a small piece of Velcro to close my tent stake bag (made of Tyvek-like material).

ChinMusic
05-08-2012, 18:11
The problem for me was when I went to wipe my nose and dragged the Velcro across my nose (The hook side)$@%#,and then a few min later did the same thing,@#%$I .....

I take it you don't golf. Taking a pee with golf gloves can get your attention...........

rocketsocks
05-08-2012, 18:15
I take it you don't golf. Taking a pee with golf gloves can get your attention...........
No,I don't golf anymore,three sugeries to the wrist knocked me out of box.So is the golf glove thing kinda like the "Stranger thing"no feeling=pee on glove

leaftye
05-08-2012, 19:06
I added some velcro to my OR Sun Runner hat so I could add some fabric that blocks even more sunlight.

dornstar
05-12-2012, 18:52

Wait, you hold your weiner with the back of your hand? :eek:

STICK
05-12-2012, 21:10
About 2 hours ago I took about an 18" strip of Velcro off of my quilt (closed the footbox up) and replaced it with snaps. That durn Velcro could scratch up my lower legs when wearing shorts...