PDA

View Full Version : hello all-just registered

Mr. Wilson
05-11-2012, 14:08
just joined--looks like a real good site---i myself love to hike but i really like to hunt ginseng and trout fish---the reason im here is that im getting my gear together for some extended say camping--i want to keep it as light as possible--itll be just me--im lookin at tents and sleeping bags--it seems that highlander and snugpak looks pretty good--i dont want to spend a whole lot of money but would like to buy stuff only once--any suggestions??

solobip
05-11-2012, 14:23
Welcome Mr. Wilson. :welcome As far as tents, I am very impressed with Lightheart Gear. http://lightheartgear.com/ The owner is a member here and from N.C. as well. You will find lots of opinions and discussions on gear here, just remember to have fun.

Mr. Wilson
05-11-2012, 14:27
thanks man--always have fun--ill take a day in the woods any time i can

Mr. Wilson
05-11-2012, 14:35
wow those are kinda high--can getta eureka solitaire for $85 shipping included--but are they any good--also i will NOT buy any of the big four that are made in china--thanks all

solobip
05-11-2012, 14:41
Mr. W. you could go stark crazy in the solitare over time, check out the foot print and heights of the solo and weight: Solo = 27 oz, Solitare = 42 oz. just saying, while you on, check out the "gear for sale" forum here, see you on the trail.

Mr. Wilson
05-11-2012, 14:47
im already stark crazy--i am 6' 3" though-and a pretty big guy--ima gonna need some room--and yeah that solitaire is a mite small for me

Spokes
05-11-2012, 15:41
Most folks here base their gear selection on what works best for long distance hiking so weight is an issue. I outfit different if I'm going on a day hike or an overnighter than a 5 month trek up the AT.

Sure you can buy Wally World stuff, Eueka tents, or get old generation stuff at a thrift store but really?

Welcome to WhiteBlaze...... At least a you didn't start out here asking about strip clubs on the AT. :)

Mr. Wilson
05-11-2012, 16:29
Most folks here base their gear selection on what works best for long distance hiking so weight is an issue. I outfit different if I'm going on a day hike or an overnighter than a 5 month trek up the AT.

Sure you can buy Wally World stuff, Eueka tents, or get old generation stuff at a thrift store but really?

Welcome to WhiteBlaze...... At least a you didn't start out here asking about strip clubs on the AT. :)haha yeah i seen that thread when i came back this time and i just shook my head---but umm--im just lookin at tents on ebay--and theres quite a selection in the $100-200 range--im goin to be doin most of my hikin in warm weather--and BTW i HATE walmart--im lookin at eureka-highlander-snugpak-alps-msr-sierra--them big agnes are kinda high but i hear theyre worth it--i appreciate yalls input-thanks