PDA

View Full Version : startin sobo sometime in june looking for trail buddy

kmeson
05-16-2012, 05:00
My name is landon. I'm 33, from colorado. looking to start sometime in june. open on the date if i can find the right trail partner. i had a friend who was on the fence about coming but just had to call it off...

if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to start with someone please pm me.

thanks

tenn_hiker
05-16-2012, 22:14
My name is landon. I'm 33, from colorado. looking to start sometime in june. open on the date if i can find the right trail partner. i had a friend who was on the fence about coming but just had to call it off...

if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to start with someone please pm me.

thanks
I'm starting June 1st at the latest

nich8790
05-22-2012, 23:18
Hey I'm hoping to start in two weeks I am also looking to find some trail partners.

Lookingforsomething
05-23-2012, 10:57
I am hoping to start sometime in the next few weeks and looking for some trail partner/s.

wteason2
05-23-2012, 12:22
I'm only 18 so I might not be who you're looking for, but plan to hit Katahdin on June 9th.

lukabrazi
11-18-2012, 14:20
I'm thinking I will be on the trail for about three months starting June 10th or 11th. I've been skimming the forum for a week or so and my impression is even if you don't have a partner in advance, there will be others to hike with. Maybe plan on staying at a hostel the night before and then you can shuttle into Baxter with some other hikers.

lukabrazi
11-28-2012, 17:59
Realize I did it again... Old thread.

Nomadog
03-04-2013, 05:19
I'm planning on going in June. I'm in the process of figuring out the best way of getting there from Chicago. I was thinking about taking the rails.

Tree Nerd
03-04-2013, 16:56
I'm planning on going in June. I'm in the process of figuring out the best way of getting there from Chicago. I was thinking about taking the rails.

Old thread

Pingus
03-04-2013, 18:59

thanks

Landon, if you're starting in June, you will fall in with the right folks for you. Trying to plan to hike the AT with anyone particular might be as fruitless as trying to plan your every mile and every camp stop the length of the AT. You will fall in quickly with the right person/group... enjoy your hike... :)

Pingus
03-04-2013, 19:01
Woopsie, apparently I missed the orginal post date on this... still pretty decent advice though... :confused: =D

Northbound2013
03-04-2013, 22:54
Landon I'm looking to leave from Springer but with time restraints on my bills I may have to leave later and after reading your post I think that SOBO might be best. I'm not promising anything but if you want to swap info we can see what happens. Trust me I only hiked 22 miles and met friends for life only being on the trail for 4 days. If you go alone you will have a great time and won't be alone. Anyways I hope we pass on the Trail my trail name is "Dirt Road". Best of luck