PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to anyone hitting up a trail town AYCE??

Canyonero
05-17-2012, 09:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czq_QIUQIRY&feature=youtu.be

Spools
05-17-2012, 10:17
The AYCE KFC in Erwin ran out of mac & cheese, and i didnt leave till they brought me more.. which didnt take too long as they wanted the 6 other hikers to leave as well:banana

perrymk
05-17-2012, 11:52
When I was in the army going through there was this on cook in the chow hall (where else would he be?) who would always say "it's all you can eat." He'd put some food on your plate and say "here, that's all you can eat."

Pedaling Fool
05-17-2012, 13:12
Seems to be more to the story than just a resturant failing to serve AYCE as advertised...

WIAPilot
05-17-2012, 13:21
This guy has a "tab" that he hasn't even paid off at this restaurant. He had 12 pieces of fish and they sent him home with 8 more. This guy is a bully who is literally throwing his weight around. He needs​ to take a hike.

bfayer
05-17-2012, 13:24
When I was in high school we had an AYCE seafood place in our town. I took my girlfriend there and ordered fried shrimp. They brought out 5 pieces of shrimp and I ate them in about 2 seconds. They took about 10 minutes to bring out more. I ate them and another 10 went by. This kept on happening and I was not happy.

I complained and was told that is their policy.

My girlfriend and I left, we went and gathered all our friends and went back and filled up just about every seat in the place. We all ordered a coke and sat there, and sat there, and sat there....

The manager came out and asked us to leave, we told him we would, but tomorrow we would comeback with even more friends.

After that I had all the shrimp I could eat :)

Its good to have friends.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

JoshAuerbach
05-17-2012, 13:30
what a fat chump! this dick needs to hike the at to lose some weight and gain some dignity!

DavidNH
05-17-2012, 13:37
wait a second guys... couldn't most AT thru hikers "pack it away" about as much as this guy?

That said.. they guy should pay up his tab before he gets the gall to picket the restaurant for putting a limit on how much food he gets!

DavidNH

Odd Man Out
05-17-2012, 13:47
Not surprising but this was the theme of an episode of The Simpsons. Homer was thrown out the of the all you can eat fish fry at the seafood restaurant and sued.

Life imitates art.

rocketsocks
05-17-2012, 21:40
Bill you be hear 4 hours,you go home now!....this guy is right if the sign says all you can eat....then it's all you can eat,unless they have posted something saying thats it's all you can eat in a specified seating time say from the hours of_to _.they will lose in court.jm2c.

Papa D
05-17-2012, 21:55
wait a second guys... couldn't most AT thru hikers "pack it away" about as much as this guy?

That said.. they guy should pay up his tab before he gets the gall to picket the restaurant for putting a limit on how much food he gets!

DavidNH

totally agree - - b.t.w. - - if you are hitting up AYCE places and gorging on food in towns - your trail food isn't matching up with your fitness level and metabolism - - that's not to say, you won't clean your plate and get seconds or even thirds, but if you feel the need to eat 3 pizzas or 12 fish - - something is out of whack with your planning and you are not a sustainable backpacker - - you are just hiking from town to town - IMO.

rocketsocks
05-17-2012, 22:22
When I was in the army going through there was this on cook in the chow hall (where else would he be?) who would always say "it's all you can eat." He'd put some food on your plate and say "here, that's all you can eat."I am always reminded of a bit that Flip Wilson did where he buys a glass of Lemon Aid from a little girl,and the sign says"All you can drink for a dime"of which she reminds him,after his request for a second glass.."Well you had a glass", yes! ,"Well thats all you can drink for a dime".very funny.

Bronk
05-18-2012, 03:42
I think this was a great publicity stunt for the restaurant...most people are probably thinking "I can't eat 12 pieces of fish" and won't care that this guy didn't get what was advertised.

I know someone who was kicked out of a Chinese buffet for eating all the shrimp. If you're going to claim 'all you can eat' then you'd better know what you're getting into and make sure you know how all the numbers are going to work out.

Having said all that, if the guy has a tab then he really hasn't paid for his 'all you can eat' so I'm not sure what he's complaining about. All he's got to do is say "I'm not paying that tab because I didn't get what I ordered." But picketing the place? Really? Get a life. There are far greater injustices in this world that are worthy of protest.

turtle fast
05-18-2012, 14:09
Unfortunately, this clown is a fellow Wisconsinite....geez Friday fish frys are a Wisconsin tradition that dated back to when the bars (another Wisconsin tradition) were owned by the breweries and promoted cheap fried fish meals to have patrons stay longer in the bars ordering more of their beer. This guy is obviously not a class act as he already has a tab with the place and is now picketing the place....come on.

Edie
05-18-2012, 14:20
Maybe if he had paid his previous tab?

turtle fast
05-18-2012, 14:26
Which is probably a few bucks...the bad thing is he probably won't pay his owed tab either...so more legal wrangling. Its probably a ploy for the place to discharge his tab he owes.

Spokes
05-18-2012, 15:21
What do you expect from someone who's shaped like a pear?

Feral Bill
05-18-2012, 15:30
What do you expect from someone who's shaped like a pear? Well marbled meat?