PDA

View Full Version : help from Mass.hikers

Chicken Feathers
05-17-2012, 11:17
I am flying into Boston and have heard that there is a hostile near by can anyone help. My plan is fly into Boston and catch train to Pittsfield but flight gets in at 11:15 and train leaves at 11:00 so I will need to stay for 1 night I think most hotels will be booked since I will be arriving July 4.

WingedMonkey
05-17-2012, 11:42
I've used the Hosteling International in Boston for train overnights. They are opening at a new location on June 22, so I assume the old one is open until then.

http://hinewengland.org/ourhostels.php

Snowleopard
05-17-2012, 12:02
For July 4, it looks like the new Hosteling International hostel will be open. It'll be in a very convenient location in downtown Boston. Book it now in case the 4th weekend is busy.

nehiker
05-17-2012, 12:34
I am flying into Boston and have heard that there is a hostile near by can anyone help. My plan is fly into Boston and catch train to Pittsfield but flight gets in at 11:15 and train leaves at 11:00 so I will need to stay for 1 night I think most hotels will be booked since I will be arriving July 4.

The train may very well be late. On the off-chance that it is not, you can also take a Peter Bus, which leaves from the same place as the train, and has a timed connection in Springfield. It is unlikely the bus will be late, but if it is slightly late, they'll hold the connecting bus in Springfield for you.