PDA

View Full Version : Why I love my hammock....let me count some ways

peter_pan
04-08-2005, 13:18
The comments that follow and start this tread were recently written as a response in the thread " learning curve". On reflection their Ode like qualities ( Thanks Sgt Rock) seemed a good start for a thread. You may have some thoughts or reflections to add....eventually this may be tranported to an Article...Enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mankind generally excells at the things it commits too....Similiarly love grows and is fostered in truely committed relationships.....I know it is just a hammock to some but to others, and in my mind, ones hammock becomes an extention of oneself and our personality and you it....

Throw off the weight of carring your house/tent....

Lighten your pack and your pace....

Get off the hard shelter floor....and, leave it to the mice....

Get off the wet ground... be dry and aired out....freshness is refreshing...

Camp in the beautiful spots: on mountain tops...in the draws where the game abound.... on the hillside close enough to hear the rush of the waterfall...

Stop when you are tired... hammock trees are virtually everywhere...they will call out to you, "Here is a great place. Stop and hangout... be comfortable and be refreshed"...

Wrap yourself in support and warmth of a friend....

Escape the ridgeline thunder storms with the freedom to bail out virtually any where over the side, quickly descend to a safe level...hang your hammock in minutes and restfully enjoy the light show or simply take a nap....

Your in the home of a friend...if the storm lingers or darkness descends...listen and accept the invitation when your friend says, "stay the night, there is room, your safe here"...

My hammock is my liberator....freedom is my way of life in the woods.

Pan

neo
04-08-2005, 15:57
i love my hammock more every time i take it out,my 2 boys hank and logan
are now 4 season hammock hangers:cool: neo

"ME & U"
04-09-2005, 00:20
Hammocking Rocks!:banana

There's nothing sexier in this entire world than seeing my honey resting in her hammock! (cept of course me jumping in it with her!!!):dance

neo
05-30-2005, 12:51
Hammocking Rocks!:banana

There's nothing sexier in this entire world than seeing my honey resting in her hammock! (cept of course me jumping in it with her!!!):dance
my honey is now a sexy hammock hanging sweetie:cool: neo

attroll
05-30-2005, 20:44
my honey is now a sexy hammock hanging sweetie:cool: neo
My honey also has her own hammock and loves it.

neo
05-31-2005, 05:04
My honey also has her own hammock and loves it.
:) that,s excellent attroll,:cool: neo

Hammock Hanger
05-31-2005, 07:16
Stop when you are tired... hammock trees are virtually everywhere...they will call out to you, "Here is a great place. Stop and hangout... be comfortable and be refreshed"...

Pan
I can't tell you how many times my daily plan was changed because some trees called out to me... "Come hang here, this is just too pretty a spot to pass by."
Honestly, I heard them. :p

Sue/HH

neo
05-31-2005, 07:18
I can't tell you how many times my daily plan was changed because some trees called out to me... "Come hang here, this is just too pretty a spot to pass by."
Honestly, I heard them. :p

Sue/HH

:) hammock hanging is the only way to fly:cool: neo

tlbj6142
05-31-2005, 09:10
I own a hammock (HH), they are the ideal shelter along the AT and most of the Eastern US. Honestly, if they weren't so "weird lookin'", they'd take off. Of course, if that happens, our freedoms will probalby be squashed by some NPS, NFS administrator who would outlaw them, setup designated hammock sites, etc. So, let's all hope they never truely take off.

That said, there are places (mostly "out west") where they are not the "best" shelter of choice. But, in our hearts, we all know that already.

flyfisher
05-31-2005, 14:46
The comments that follow and start this tread were recently written as a response in the thread " learning curve". On reflection their Ode like qualities ( Thanks Sgt Rock) seemed a good start for a thread. You may have some thoughts or reflections to add....eventually this may be tranported to an Article...Enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mankind generally excells at the things it commits too....Similiarly love grows and is fostered in truely committed relationships.....I know it is just a hammock to some but to others, and in my mind, ones hammock becomes an extention of oneself and our personality and you it....

Pan
I thank God for my hammock every time I set up near a shelter and hear the rumble of a chorus of snoring coming from the shelter.

I thank God for my hammock when going around to friends tents to help them sponge water out after a thunderstorm.

I thank God for my hammock whenever I see packed ground or rocks, or intentionally placed "iceberg rocks" in campsites.

I thank God for my hammock whenever the bugs whine loudly at sunset.

I thank God for my hammock when I camp in a beautiful spot and pack up in the morning without being able to see a tent footprint.

Gadog430
05-31-2005, 16:45
I love my hammock because I saw a little spot in No. Ga. a few weeks ago that I can't wait to hammock in. Side of a ridge, looking west, watching the sunset. I think about it several times a day, and when I get time, I am will be there. NO!!! I WON'T TELL YOU WHERE IT IS. :)

Dawg

Youngblood
05-31-2005, 19:48
I love my hammock because I saw a little spot in No. Ga. a few weeks ago that I can't wait to hammock in. Side of a ridge, looking west, watching the sunset. I think about it several times a day, and when I get time, I am will be there. NO!!! I WON'T TELL YOU WHERE IT IS. :)

DawgIs it somewhere north of Neels Gap and south of Hogpen Gap?

Youngblood

Gadog430
06-01-2005, 07:32
Nope!!!! Hehehehe.

Dawg

neo
06-01-2005, 22:39
i love hammocking were tenter,s cant go:cool: neo

MedicineMan
06-01-2005, 22:45
hammocks make great sex swings :jump

neo
06-01-2005, 22:54

that will work lol:cool: neo

attroll
06-02-2005, 01:08
Can you post some pictures. I would like to see how that works with a HH. Well maybe I shouldn't ask for a pictures. :jump :banana

MedicineMan
06-02-2005, 03:10
be careful what you ask for :eek:

Hammock Hanger
06-02-2005, 06:51
Can you post some pictures. I would like to see how that works with a HH. Well maybe I shouldn't ask for a pictures. :jump :banana
how that works with HH... :rolleyes:

Ah, what a difference the letter "a" makes to that statement!!;)

Sue/HH

newhampshire camper
06-03-2005, 06:26
You don't need pictures....that's what we have an imagination for!! I agree with Medicine Man, they are useful for things other than sleeping!! hehe

neo
06-03-2005, 09:21
i already have come up with the perfect sex in the hammock position:cool: neo