PDA

View Full Version : gift certificate ideas for old hut hikers?

1azarus
05-21-2012, 08:48
Hoping you all will have some suggestions.

A friend of mine wants to give a $1,000 gift certificate to an older couple that hikes every July for 3 or 4 weeks -- all beautiful meal-providing/bed-providing hut to hut, all usually in Switzerland. So... no need for sleeping bags or heavy clothing.

I don't know for certain, but since they've been doing this for several years, they probably have a fair amount of pretty nice equipment already.

So, Patagonia comes to mind. What about a really high-end clothing/equipment mail order company? Obviously, discount is not the issue.

Got any suggestions?...

I know, I'm a bit envious, too. If you are reading this, the certificate is not for you. Sorry. Really.

Nutbrown
05-21-2012, 08:54
People like that would probably be very happy with a donation in their name for upkeep of their favorite trail.

WIAPilot
05-21-2012, 09:05
I've been to Switzerland twice now and it is absolutely gorgeous. Due to the weak Euro and the terrible exchange rate right now, I would definitely advise a U.S. company for the gift certificate. My money would be on L.L. Bean.

REI has a nice looking gift card, but L.L. Bean offers about a dozen different designs.

rocketsocks
05-22-2012, 01:59
Are you kidding,I love spending other peoples money,maybe a "Hot air balloon ride",complete with champagne.:sunor mimosas,and breakfast for two,with a waiter right there at the field.

fiddlehead
05-22-2012, 05:39
Upgrade to business class next time they fly.