PDA

View Full Version : Cots at Damascus Trail Days?

hydro
05-21-2012, 11:54
Could of swore I saw a booth with some sort of ultra lite cot set up? Went to check it out the next day and they were gone. Anyone have any info? Going on a Grand Canyon river trip this summer. Will be on a private raft and have been told to pack light. Mice are a real problem from what I have been told. Its gonna be too hot for a tent, I really think I would rest better if I could get a few inches off the ground, scorpions and snakes are not uncommon also. More of just a mental thing I guess. Hammocking is not an option as there are very few trees if any at all.

scree
05-21-2012, 12:00
Was it one of these? http://www.luxurylite.com/index.html

Good quality, I've owned one for a few years but haven't found much use for it due to the weight.

WIAPilot
05-21-2012, 13:04
LOL Scorpions climb EVERYWHERE!! I find most of mine on the wall or ceiling. If it makes you feel better, most will not require a trip to the ER. I sent my little cousin one of those paperweights of a scorpion for Show and Tell. His class started calling them "Golden Lobsters."

fiddlehead
05-21-2012, 13:45
A cot is a good idea for a grand canyon whitewater trip.
I paddled the CO a few years ago on our own private trip, and our leader (who had been down the river over 10 times) brought along a nice, lightweight cot.
Fine sand gets in everything and the cot may help keep some of it out of your sleeping bag. (but you'll still get some)
Have a good trip.