PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Springs and Franconia Ridge

Chaco Taco
05-22-2012, 08:48
Went up the ridge this past weekend. Camped at Liberty Springs and got a beautiful sunset on Liberty. The link to our blog is in my sig line so go there to view pics and trip report. Have a good one

peakbagger
05-22-2012, 11:52
Est ce vous parle Francais? . It was a Victoria Day weekend, this past weekend its a Canadian Holiday and the Canadians are streaming down south to hike as the gas is cheap to them and they exchange rate is in their favor.

One thing I have noticed are the Canadians are late hikers, if you head out early, you normally dont run into them until coming down.

If I am solo I try to hite the trail as early as possible as the bugs are minimal in the AM and I can get the steep stuff done while its cool. Youl would be surprised at the amount of wildlife on or near the trails near sunrise, they blend into the woods later on when the main mass of hikers head out.

Chaco Taco
05-22-2012, 21:43
Est ce vous parle Francais? . It was a Victoria Day weekend, this past weekend its a Canadian Holiday and the Canadians are streaming down south to hike as the gas is cheap to them and they exchange rate is in their favor.

One thing I have noticed are the Canadians are late hikers, if you head out early, you normally dont run into them until coming down.

If I am solo I try to hite the trail as early as possible as the bugs are minimal in the AM and I can get the steep stuff done while its cool. Youl would be surprised at the amount of wildlife on or near the trails near sunrise, they blend into the woods later on when the main mass of hikers head out.
Good to know