PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes Lost Ranger +15

Rightfoot
05-22-2012, 14:18
I came across a Big Agnes Lost Ranger +15 down bag in the long foot size that is marked on sale for $139.99. It is 650 fill and weighs on the store scale right at 3lbs. Looking on-line it seems to be priced very cheap and I am ready to jump but really do not need another bag. Just curious, does anyone have any feedback on this bag?

BadAndy
05-22-2012, 16:49
I have it and like it quite a bit. I haven't full tested it's rating but I've slept in it in the low 30's in my hammock with just a CCF pad and was downright HOT! It compresses and packs well. I actually liked it so much I got its brother, the Fish Hawk +30 for warmer weather and I like it just as much. Just remember the BA bags have no bottom insulation so you have to have the right sized pad to fit the sleeve and get effective insulation.

DBCFlash
05-22-2012, 20:19
I have the BA Encampment 15 synthetic bag and I really like it. Same design as the Lost Ranger, just without down. It's very roomy (I'm 6'1" 220lbs) and the pad pocket design allows me to roll over without coming off the pad. I've slept in mine down to the low 20's and the only issue I had was the over-sized foot area made it really hard to keep my feet warm. I've found that stuffing my jacket down near my feet reduces the volume and seems a little warmer. Zippers a little fussy too. I'd buy it again.

deadhorsejoe
05-23-2012, 09:01
I have had the Big Agnes Lost Ranger for the last several years. Never took it down to 15 but have used it in the high 20s. Got a little cold in the high 20s. I sleep cold so I usually add 10 to 15 degrees to what most bags are rated and that works out ok for me. I really like the Big Agnes bags with the built in pad sleeve. Good bags but their temperature ratings are somewhat off for me.