PDA

View Full Version : ENO DoubleNest Hammock and Straps

ChinMusic
05-23-2012, 23:16
I expect some jaws dropped seeing me post here............:D

Thinking of picking up a ENO for social trips where we spend a lot of time in camp..........chilling/napping. I will still prob be sleeping on the ground unless the thing is more comfortable than I think, the temps are perfect and the bugs nonexistent. I really see this thing for chilling only.

I see the ENO comes with a separate set of straps. I have read the reviews and the hanger guys said the straps sucked.....too stretchy.

If not the ENO straps, what straps should I look at. I have an old HH and HATED the stupid knots I had to tie on that thing. I have seen simpler systems recently in the field.

1azarus
05-24-2012, 06:03
whoopie slings are great -- combined with webbing for the trees, and using a marlin spike for the connection. you can just loop your whoopie through the fabric on the end of hammock, so the whole setup is light and simple. you might fall in love and end up sleeping in it. and i agree with you, the world has progressed beyond the HH lashing.

go to www.whoopieslings.com/

chip2012
05-24-2012, 07:20
+1 for the whoopie slings. The webbing can be found at most outfitters, or some hardware stores use it to bundle shipments.

bigcranky
05-24-2012, 07:25
If it's for social trips, the weight may not be much of an issue. I use 1-inch webbing and carabiners for my Hennessy, with a Tri-Glide from JacksrBetter to adjust the length. It's incredibly easy and fast to set up.

RWheeler
05-24-2012, 10:40
For casual getaways I'd probably end up using slackline anchors to attach my hammock to a tree or whatever, since I'd likely have those with me anyway. But I'm not sure, haven't taken it out for that yet.

dankt4nk
06-16-2012, 23:32
I can personally say I sleep in my ENO doublenest about a week a month on average, and everytime its the bomb; restful, easy to set up, comfortable. If the ENO pro straps don't work for you get some NRS straps man. They are ripstop and completely ajustable. You should totally get an eno hammock, it could change your life.

ChinMusic
05-24-2014, 23:58
Bumping this old thread.

Never did get the ENO hammock back in '12 but am looking into it again. Still looking at it for social trips only. Have straps changed any in two years? I am still completely confused with regards to the straps/ties/etc. The ENO straps seem almost as heavy as the hammock itself.

No Directions
05-25-2014, 07:48
The ENO Atlas straps are fine. They don't stretch and allow you to easily adjust your hammock.

kayak karl
05-25-2014, 09:23
i just use these (http://Grand Trunk) on my campground Grand Trunk hammock. they are not well liked by the hammock cult, but then neither am I :)

gunner76
05-25-2014, 17:38
Karl...you link is not working

kayak karl
05-25-2014, 17:50
Karl...you link is not working Thanks,

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/tie-downs/1-in-x-15-ft-ratcheting-tie-downs-4-pc-61524.html

ChinMusic
05-25-2014, 18:14
Karl...you link is not working

I was getting some Indian quartet.........lol

ChinMusic
05-26-2014, 15:05
I think I have decided to go with the Whoopie Slings.

Is it better to go with separate Huggers and Slings or go with the All In One system?

bayview
06-08-2014, 10:02
I think I have decided to go with the Whoopie Slings.

Is it better to go with separate Huggers and Slings or go with the All In One system?

I think either system works. I have both ENO Atlas straps and the Whoopie with Straps. A lot goes with the distance of trees and size of trees. Whoopies allow for greater distance of trees but Atlas is quick and easy. For me, it depends on my mood. Another alternative is the Becket hitch (I think that is what it is called) It is a Sheet Bend with a bight. The webbing goes through the loop on the hammock.

ChinMusic
06-08-2014, 10:28
I went with the 6' Tree Huggers, toggles, and Whoopie Slings. Got the head Whoopie in orange.

johnnybgood
06-08-2014, 14:37
I went with the 6' Tree Huggers, toggles, and Whoopie Slings. Got the head Whoopie in orange.

I' m also looking into lighening my current suspension system . I use the Atlas straps which make for an easy set-up, but not so much in the way of weight savings

Do you have a link where to order this or did you order through Hennessy ?

bayview
06-08-2014, 14:43
DIY. Plenty of video links out there. I did it for my scout troop

ChinMusic
06-08-2014, 16:04
I ordered through Whoopieslings.com

ktest
06-08-2014, 20:22
I use 5' tree huggers (with a loop on each end) with my whoopies, both from Dutchware. I connect the two with a square knot through the loops to eliminate user error with a toggle/knot system.

ChinMusic
06-11-2014, 16:34
Note to self: When ordering from a company with a name akin to "WhoopieSlings", warn the staff. As it was they were all staring at me as I opened the package.

They were disappointed.......

Charliev
11-26-2014, 21:33
If weight is not a problem Atlas straps are great. Easy setup no stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abatis1948
11-26-2014, 23:12
The ENO Atlas straps are fine. They don't stretch and allow you to easily adjust your hammock.

+1 I'm in at 250 and the Atlas straps work well.

Grinch
02-06-2015, 23:20
i have used an Eno double with pro slaps for several years now. i am very happy with these and have now only started looking around for options to try and reduce weight. what is the weight of whoopie slings also i don't quite understand the adjustment, mind you i have only looked at the individual components. my pro slaps weigh .6#.