PDA

View Full Version : I'm going out to get my trail angle wings this weekend. Where should I post up?

Eric N. Sipes
05-24-2012, 08:27
I live in Baltimore, and am planning to go out somewhere between Harpers Ferry and Pine grove furnace. How many hikers do you think I'll encounter out in that region, is it too far north?

BobTheBuilder
05-24-2012, 08:52
You're not being obtuse, you are right on! There will be plenty of NOBOs around that area this weekend. Just pick some place that is not too oblique.

WIAPilot
05-24-2012, 08:55
That is really kind of you, Eric! I hope you will tell us all about it! :sun

Velvet Gooch
05-24-2012, 09:20
It's all about balance. Every time a trail angel gets his wings, somewhere along the trail a devil gets his fangs. I kid, I kid

Bob, I see what you did thar

Rain Man
05-24-2012, 12:11
I live in Baltimore, and am planning to go out somewhere between Harpers Ferry and Pine grove furnace. How many hikers do you think I'll encounter out in that region, is it too far north?

Just hiked from HF to PenMar this weekend and saw lots of other hikers, many NOBOers (they were skipping Trail Days), especially our last night when it had been rainy all day. The large shelter at Raven Rock was full to the brim and many tent and hammock sites in use around the shelter. So, it depends somewhat on the weather. In Maryland, you can only camp at shelters and authorized sites.

Sondance was with us and lives just outside Baltimore. He'd be happy to give you more info, I bet. Nice guy!

I'll be posting a link to a trip photo album later today in the thread I started about doing the hike.

Rain:sunMan

WingedMonkey
05-24-2012, 12:26
Is there a score system for wannabe angels? Do you have to feed a certain number of hikers to get feathers?

Eric N. Sipes
05-24-2012, 12:49
Is there a score system for wannabe angels? Do you have to feed a certain number of hikers to get feathers?

Yes, the number is =<1

Eric N. Sipes
05-24-2012, 12:50
I mean =>1

rocketsocks
05-24-2012, 12:50
Hey,have a nice Flight!