PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Aluminum Mug

GrandCanyonWildflowr
05-24-2012, 17:57
I just picked up a .7 L Imusa Aluminum mug at WalMart $1.99. The weight barely registers in my hand. There is also a lightweight 1 L Pitcher that weighs just a little bit more.
I think this cup will fit nicely over my Fancy Feast alcohol stove.

Rocket Jones
05-24-2012, 18:16
The only problem with it is that the rim and handle get too hot to sip from/hold. I put some duct tape on the rim and use a bandana to hold.

rocketsocks
05-24-2012, 18:27
The only problem with it is that the rim and handle get too hot to sip from/hold. I put some duct tape on the rim and use a bandana to hold.Yep,I cook a cup of coffee in a sierra cup once,burned my lips....wont do that again!

Tinker
05-24-2012, 23:34
Ditto the above. Aluminum is great for cooking in, not so great for drinking (hot liquids) from. It also pits when you cook salty foods in it and the pits make it harder to clean (germ free) than stainless or titanium. And if you scrub it to remove stuck on food, you increase the irregularities which can hide germs.

rocketsocks
05-24-2012, 23:37
Ditto the above. Aluminum is great for cooking in, not so great for drinking (hot liquids) from. It also pits when you cook salty foods in it and the pits make it harder to clean (germ free) than stainless or titanium. And if you scrub it to remove stuck on food, you increase the irregularities which can hide germs.Ah yes piting begats piting.