PDA

View Full Version : 1st GAMEr in Monson, 8 MEGAs into the 100 Mile. AT season at Baxter has begun.

TJ aka Teej
05-25-2012, 07:17
Just back from Baxter, bugs, moose, birds, and MEGAs. The Georgia Boys hiked back into Baxter from Hurd Brook after hearing the AT had opened up and were summiting yesterday. Abol Bridge Store is building a restaurant, with a take-out window and deck for hikers. Ole Man from the AT lodge had taken his first hiker into Baxter.
Little Brother was at Lakeshore House in Monson chowing down a pizza before hitting the 100 Mile trailhead yesterday afternoon.
Spring Creek Bar-b-que is building a new place just up the street.

My bug bites have bug bites...

One Half
05-25-2012, 08:07
Awesome info! Thanks.

plurpimpin
05-25-2012, 10:03
That's great to hear, I climb Katahdin a week from today to start my MEGA. I was gonna call BSP next week to double check that the hunt trail was open but now it looks like I don't have to. Thanks for the update!

Old Hiker
05-25-2012, 18:26
Any idea if the GA boys are brothers? I think they may have been the guys in the Smokies who got up at 0400 or so to hike! Great to hear, if they are the same ones! Still great to hear if they are not.

bigpopcrush
05-27-2012, 00:33
I will be up there starting my MEGA on Friday. Can't wait to see some of you on the trail