PDA

View Full Version : It feels great! to sweat out toxins

rocketsocks
05-26-2012, 21:36
It feels great to sweat out all the toxins in our body's.Is this a myth,is there any validity here,or is it just that,a myth?

Lone Wolf
05-26-2012, 21:37
pain is weakness leavin' the body

kayak karl
05-26-2012, 21:42
we sweat to maintain body temp. how many toxins are you putting in your body being it's a holiday weekend?

rocketsocks
05-26-2012, 21:43
pain is weakness leavin' the bodyI've seen you post that before,Ilike it.It's all in the mind,each and ever day.nuttin butta thang.

rocketsocks
05-26-2012, 21:47
we sweat to maintain body temp. how many toxins are you putting in your body being it's a holiday weekend?I gave up recreational toxins some time ago,but them hot dogs prolly were the best choice,then again with the right mustard.....It's all good.

Spokes
05-26-2012, 22:01
It feels great to sweat out all the toxins in our body's.Is this a myth,is there any validity here,or is it just that,a myth?

The short answer is no.

http://www.quickmedical.com/blog/post/can-you-sweat-out-toxins.html

rocketsocks
05-26-2012, 22:03
The short answer is no.

http://www.quickmedical.com/blog/post/can-you-sweat-out-toxins.htmlThanks spokes,been lookin around and did not find what I was lookin for ,so thanks for the link.

Rasty
05-26-2012, 23:56
It's really just pee.:D

rocketsocks
05-27-2012, 00:27
It's really just pee.:DYes,but it stinks like ...well you know.................you know.:D

ChinMusic
05-27-2012, 00:37
I'm gonna be sweating tomorrow. 10-miler with a buddy prepping for Rainier. Gonna be 96 and humid. This is a known trail for me but I've never hiked it in those conditions. I'm gonna leave a trail of toxins.............

rocketsocks
05-27-2012, 00:54
I'm gonna be sweating tomorrow. 10-miler with a buddy prepping for Rainier. Gonna be 96 and humid. This is a known trail for me but I've never hiked it in those conditions. I'm gonna leave a trail of toxins.............Wow Chin,don't have a heart attack or nothin,lookin forward to the trail journal next year,but do have a graet hike,feels good to sweat....I did today,and it took me 2hrs. to find my butt,but I did about 1/2 mile from the house.Tomarrow I gonna backtrak to find my Balls,they souldn't be to far.:D

jerseydave
05-27-2012, 07:15
Potassium, magnesium, and salt are all lost when we sweat heavilly. It's important to replenish those so muscle cramping can be avoided especially on multi day trips.

Dawg
05-28-2012, 09:13
Hey Chin, wasn't that a great hike? We should certainly be purified of any toxins. Glad I don't have to do it again today!

ChinMusic
05-28-2012, 10:16
Hey Chin, wasn't that a great hike? We should certainly be purified of any toxins. Glad I don't have to do it again today!

I was fine til the last couple miles then the heat got to me. Once I got home I was shot for the rest of the day. I had to force myself to eat, hot, cold, hot/cold at the same time.....miserable. I feel fine today, I think.

That kind of heat worries me on my thru attempt next year. It is one reason I plan on starting early.

Dawg
05-28-2012, 10:36
You're gonna be fine next year. By the time you get to that kind of heat (if you ever do) you'll be in such good shape you'll take it in stride.

ChinMusic
05-28-2012, 11:08
You're gonna be fine next year. By the time you get to that kind of heat (if you ever do) you'll be in such good shape you'll take it in stride.

I hope. Shedding some pounds by that point will help too.

rocketsocks
05-28-2012, 11:12
I was fine til the last couple miles then the heat got to me. Once I got home I was shot for the rest of the day. I had to force myself to eat, hot, cold, hot/cold at the same time.....miserable. I feel fine today, I think.

That kind of heat worries me on my thru attempt next year. It is one reason I plan on starting early.Glad you had a good walk Chin,nother scorcher today,will try to be more mindful of my neather parts today and drink more water,while I remember the country's fallen.Cheers

ChinMusic
05-28-2012, 11:15
Glad you had a good walk Chin,nother scorcher today,will try to be more mindful of my neather parts today and drink more water,while I remember the country's fallen.Cheers

A little preemptive Desitin goes a long way.

rocketsocks
05-28-2012, 12:30
A little preemptive Desitin goes a long way.I've tried that before,could get it to mix right,the water was just laughin a the powder,and it tasted like chalk.Yuck!