Okay, exactly what was the topic of your rave? :bse :D

topic,i am raving or bragging on my jetboil:cool: neo

hikerjohnd
04-10-2005, 22:07
You go boy! :D

HikerHobo
04-10-2005, 23:50
Ok. JetBoil, JetBoil, JetBoil ...

Well, so I took the bait. Did a google search.
http://thehowzone.com/how/Jetboil

The Flux Ring increases the surface area. It's like the big heat sink on your computer's CPU.
Boy, they got me now. I'm drawn in futher. The anodized cup is made of a very good conductor of heat.

To make thing worse, it's known around the world.
Backpack Stove Comparisonバックパッキングストーブとの比沸かしたりラーメンを作る以外は、お湯が沸く時間を計 ったくらいだったしかしジェットボイルの性能を測定するという計画はとても面白く思えた
Translation :
"This piece of crap stove, why doesn't it ever work when I need it!?"
NO, WAIT. That's not the JetBoil. That's the competition.

Picture is shown with the caption: "This is a packed Jetboil, with ramen noodles and D cell for scale." D cell? Those things weigh a pound apiece.[/font]

"Let's open it up and remove the components from inside the cup.
Here's a view exposing the flux ring, a piezo ignitor and a valve on the burner assembly." ...nice... a master degree in engineering might help on the trail with this little gaget. If you can read the instructions written in Japanese.

HikerHobo
04-10-2005, 23:55
Ok, on a good roll and it all went south.... how come we can't edit our posts?
I hit "enter" and it was posted without intention....

MedicineMan
04-11-2005, 00:01
yeah jeboil hurrahhhhhhhh

neo
04-11-2005, 00:37
i spend more time on my feet than i do in camp,so when i do make it to camp
i dont want to spend time messing with a stove or filtering water,it takes less than two minutes to boilwater,it will keep my food steaming hot while my h2o
amigo gravity water filter does it job filter water,i can be hanging my ultra light henn.hammock,the jetboil and h2o amigo save work and time in camp,more time on my feet hiking:cool: neo

neo
01-26-2007, 15:05
instead of ranting i am just going to rave,then again i may rant and rave
about my jetboil,visualize jetboil,think jetboil,jetboil,jetboil:cool: neo

:D yep it dont get any better,go get a jetboil:cool: neo

maxNcathy
01-26-2007, 16:13
Neo, give me yours. I think the jetboil that you have was the best one of all the jet boils made to date. What do you think?? hahah
Some day I may just get me a Jetboil... if my wee Pocket Rocket has a meltdown or a major malfunction.

Sandalwood

Ewker
01-26-2007, 16:14
Jet Boils are to heavy and over rated

neo
01-26-2007, 16:18

:D are ya crazy,jetboil rules:cool: neo

Ridge Rat
01-26-2007, 16:23

:-? Have to agree with that, but that is just my $.02.

nightcrawler
01-30-2007, 09:59
Just got a Jetboil for a delayed christmas gift. I am excited to use it. I still have to get a fuel canister for it.

neo
01-30-2007, 10:05
Just got a Jetboil for a delayed christmas gift. I am excited to use it. I still have to get a fuel canister for it.

i use snow peak fuel.you get 10 grams more fuel and it is a $1.05 cheaper
than jet boil fuel and it performs better in colder weather.:cool: neo

snowpeak

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=870049&parent_category_rn=4500548&vcat=REI_SEARCH

jetfboil
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47943516&parent_category_rn=4500548&vcat=REI_SEARCH

Tipi Walter
01-30-2007, 10:11
Neo, you can rave, I'll rant: I'm a mere white gas fanatic but here goes: Can you cook pasta and soup and all the rest or is it meant just for boiling water? Let's say you went out for 14 days straight without resupply and you cooked twice a day(boiling water for tea and cooking up a real meal, about 8 minutes of simmering, etc), how many canisters would be needed?

Does the Jetboil work in frigid temps? Or is it different than most butane/mix gas canister stoves?

Is it hard to get the fuel for this stove, let's say in small non-AT towns around the usual backpacking trails(IE Robbinsville, Tellico, Murphy, etc).

Does it use a wide variety of canisters or must only Jetboil ones be used?

Thanks for listening.

nightcrawler
01-30-2007, 10:11
i use snow peak fuel.you get 10 grams more fuel and it is a $1.05 cheaper
than jet boil fuel and it performs better in colder weather.:cool: neo

Thanks for the tip!

rafe
01-30-2007, 10:23
Neo, you can rave, I'll rant: I'm a mere white gas fanatic but here goes: Can you cook pasta and soup and all the rest or is it meant just for boiling water? Let's say you went out for 14 days straight without resupply and you cooked twice a day(boiling water for tea and cooking up a real meal, about 8 minutes of simmering, etc), how many canisters would be needed?

Think of the Jetboil as just a "very efficient" canister stove. I'm pretty sure you could use it with any canister... but it's made to carry the small canisters + burner unit inside the pot. I'm burning a very consistent 0.1 oz of fuel for each cup of water boiled. That gives 35-40 cups (more or less) for one of the small canisters (the ones with 3.5 to 4 oz. net weight of fuel.)

If you want to do serious cooking, white gas is still hard to beat. I never really had to think much about fuel consumption on my section hikes with the Whisperlite.

The Doctor
01-31-2007, 15:33
I got my jetboil 6 months ago and I will never use anything else. Light, Compact, Fast, Very Efficient, simple and she's prettier than any other piece of equipment that I have

The Doctor
01-31-2007, 15:36
I have used one jetboil mini-canister for two weeks worth of outings(about 56cups of boiled water) and then it died. But still, two weeks is quite nice.

hawkeye
01-31-2007, 17:58
I got one for bicycle touring. I brought it with me for my son's Boy Scout 10 mile hike 2 weeks ago. Have to say it works really well. I just might have to take it on my Ct. AT section hike this April.

leeki pole
01-31-2007, 18:16
JetBoils....rock! Wouldn't have it any other way!:)

neo
01-31-2007, 19:29
:) love my jetboil:cool: neo