PDA

View Full Version : So youre thinking about hiking the AT?

cleanshave
05-27-2012, 21:51
This is what most people will say...

They say that because they are idiots. Don't be an idiot, hike the Appalachian Trail.

Veetack
05-27-2012, 21:58
With the exception of the slight misuse of the condescending wonka meme, this is spot on. So many people around here (knoxville) are just shocked and appalled that I dont carry bear mace or a gun. Then again, they all think the AT is a cross between 8 mile rd, Compton, Fallujah, and the grizzly corridor of Denali.

Sarcasm the elf
05-27-2012, 22:19
Of course, why wouldn't you carry a gun? :D

rocketsocks
05-27-2012, 22:19
Boring,It's been done to death!

Sarcasm the elf
05-27-2012, 22:20
Trust me, this one just keeps giving and giving...

rocketsocks
05-27-2012, 22:22
Trust me, this one just keeps giving and giving...Ok mac you win.

kayak karl
05-27-2012, 22:30
they're not stupid. just ignorant. the same person will ask me; alone? are there beds in shelters? do they run pipes out there for water?, what will you eat? who pays to get the Port-a-pots in the woods cleaned? etc.......

looking at most new threads started lately we shouldn't throw stones.:D

Spokes
05-27-2012, 22:33
Guy walks into a gun shop and asks the owner "I'm planning on hiking the Appalachian Trail, what hand gun would you suggest I carry?".

The gun shop owner says "Get whatever handgun you want but whatever you do grind down the front sight"

"Why's that?" asks the guy.

"Because that way, when the bear takes it away from you and shoves it up your arse it won't hurt as bad" said the gun shop owner.

rocketsocks
05-27-2012, 22:41
Guy walks into a gun shop and asks the owner "I'm planning on hiking the Appalachian Trail, what hand gun would you suggest I carry?".

The gun shop owner says "Get whatever handgun you want but whatever you do grind down the front sight"

"Why's that?" asks the guy.

"Because that way, when the bear takes it away from you and shoves it up your arse it won't hurt as bad" said the gun shop owner.:eek:......................

kidchill
05-28-2012, 17:15
This is always the second question I get...Conversation goes like this..
"I'm gonna hike the Appalachian Trail."
"Who are you going with?"
"Myself"
"Alone? Are you gonna bring a gun?"

I just answer 2 questions in one now..."I'm going alone, and NO, I'm NOT bringing a gun."

hikerboy57
05-28-2012, 17:19
i usually get"wow,thats cool.. whats the appalachian trail?"

Spokes
05-28-2012, 22:30
After my thru hike, I had a friend ask " So when it rained you didn't hike right?"

Coffee shot out my nose!