PDA

View Full Version : convert your tent to a hammock?

rocketsocks
05-28-2012, 13:58
I've chose to place this in the hammock forum because that would be the end result,though it could have gone in a number of forums.

Have you ever converted a tent to a hammock,the tent I currently use is a "Eureka Solitaire"
http://store.eurekatent.com/solitaire-tent and am toying with the idea of adding some things that would allow it to also be suspended like a hammock,and there by increase it's versatility.any comments welcomed,good bad or indifferent as I really have no experience with hammocks or the geometry that makes it a good hammock vs. a not so good a hammock.thanks

kayak karl
05-28-2012, 14:06
it's physics, not geometry that will keep you from falling. hammocks range from 10' to 12'. that is long for a tent. there are other threads turning a hammock into a tent. turning a hammock into a gearskin backpack would be cool.

rocketsocks
05-28-2012, 14:15
it's physics, not geometry that will keep you from falling. hammocks range from 10' to 12'. that is long for a tent. there are other threads turning a hammock into a tent. turning a hammock into a gearskin backpack would be cool.I had no idea they were that long,I'll check those out threads,(search...white blaze.net)I believe was the best way to search if memory serves.Thanks Karl.