PDA

View Full Version : Sandles

trailnametba
05-28-2012, 23:18
Was just in Moab, hiking, biking, kayaking, and such. Wearing Teva's the entire time and started thinking...man, I love not wearing socks and having my feet breath. Am hiking the CT this summer, already have done some segments and tend to get blisters b/w my toes. Does someone know of a solid hiking sandal? I’ll be carrying a 25 lb. Ish pack most of the time. Am I crazy for considering this?

trailnametba
05-28-2012, 23:19
wow that's big font! sorry bout that

trailnametba
05-28-2012, 23:28
oh, and should be sandals...must be tyerd :)

Tinker
05-28-2012, 23:39
oh, and should be sandals...must be tyerd :)

And "breathe" with an "e". Breath is what you have, breathe is what you do with it.

I've had good luck with Keen Newport H2 sandals for hiking (with socks). Without socks, I would often get sticks stuck between my toes.

FWIW, Keen has changed the design of the H2 (it now has an open heel and built in insole - mine had neither).

I've walked several miles in Tevas (no apostrophe needed to make it plural) with no chafing problem.

There are several companies that make toe socks, though I'm sure the toe length varies greatly from person to person, so you might not get a custom fit.

trailnametba
05-29-2012, 00:06
thanks for the help.

BigToe
05-29-2012, 00:48
I've put around 350 miles section hiking in my Chacos and love them!

thelowend
05-29-2012, 01:05
I live in my chacos. Neoprene socks in the cold, cold winter, wool socks for other times and then commando when the heat is up. Also love the injinji wool toe socks with them.

thelowend
05-29-2012, 01:06
forgot to mention, the price tag isn't as appealing as tevas but well worth it. my first pair lasted through 7 years of abuse and i need to get them resoled... still.

trailnametba
05-29-2012, 08:51
thanks all! keep it coming! any probs with the toe loop that chacos have? or did you have the version w/o?

jk83
06-13-2012, 00:19
yes, what that big fonts about??

Try Waylong sandals. Australian Brand.
Lightweight, 0.8kg. Fast dry.
Comfort footbed and arch support, no more blisters.
Durable, long lasting. Use for raftings, skydiving, trekking, hiking, climbing, and they're still good to go more than 1year.
Good for pocket. They have winter sale now. Go to their facebook fan page to get it as the offer is announced there. https://facebook.com/Waylong.Travel.Australia

If you are not really into the fashion style, this sandals gives all what you need. The styles are look classic, but they are very handy for your long walks of travel and adventurous journey.

Hope that helps you, if you are really annoyed with what you have now. ;)

sbhikes
06-13-2012, 14:02
I backpack in Chaco sandals all the time. They're very sturdy and fit me better than Tevas. Last forever. I have the ones without a toe loop. The toe loop gives me horrible blisters and some models the toe loop slowly tightens over the hours until my toe turns blue. My only complaints about chacos are they are kind of hard so a 25 mile day is pretty painful toward the end. Snow gets stuck under my toes (a problem for any sandal probably). Foxtails and other crap gets stuck in my socks (also a problem for any sandal.) I actually took an old pair of chacos, make a shoe upper out of fabric and attached it with heavy staples to the footbed. Works great! Final problem: I have to get the wide version of chacos otherwise I get horrible heel blisters. The heel cup is too narrow for me.

Bookworm2
06-13-2012, 14:07
I also have Chacos and I adore them. They're really sturdy and feel really secure on wet rocks. Mine have the toe straps, though, and they do tighten over time, so be aware of that. I think if I had it to do again, I'd buy the ones without toe straps.