PDA

View Full Version : Best place to stay in Hot Spring NC after a seven day section hike?

Patton
05-29-2012, 21:54
May plan on staying in Hot Spring for a night or two after a two day section hike and wondered where is the best place to stay? There will be three or four of us going, so splitting a room helps.

Patton
05-29-2012, 21:57
May plan on staying in Hot Spring for a night or two after a two day section hike and wondered where is the best place to stay? There will be three or four of us going, so splitting a room helps.

I meant a seven day section hike....

WIAPilot
05-29-2012, 22:16
Based on the reviews, I'm staying for 2 nights at the Iron Horse Station. Prices start at $139, but they have packages which include the hot natural springs, etc. I haven't been there yet, but the reviews and website look promising.

http://www.theironhorsestation.com/restaurant.html

Bearpaw
05-29-2012, 22:52
Four Pines Motel is decent. Bring cash. They don't take credit cards. Another option is a cabin at the campground. $40 a night. Not bad.

Hikes in Rain
05-30-2012, 06:55
I've stayed twice at the Iron Horse and highly recommend it. Most definately not your cookie cutter hotel, it's got some serious charm, and I was very comfortable and happy there. No elevator, so the stairs during the visit when I twisted my knee were a bit painful. The hosts are most accomodating, as well. They kept a small bag with clean clothes for me, instead of keeping it in my truck where I couldn't hide it.

Jeff
05-30-2012, 08:04
I believe the new hostel in town, Laughing Heart has private rooms available.

http://www.laughingheartlodge.com/index.php/accommodations-and-facility/the-hostel/

RWheeler
05-30-2012, 10:05
I really really enjoyed Elmer's.

QiWiz
05-30-2012, 11:38
I really really enjoyed Elmer's.

+1 - highly recommend the experience

Hoop
05-30-2012, 13:00
I read somewhere Laughing Heart had reserved the hostel and cabin space for a single group for June and July. Might wanna check if that's where you plan to stay.

Mountain Maiden
05-30-2012, 21:39
I read somewhere Laughing Heart had reserved the hostel and cabin space for a single group for June and July. Might wanna check if that's where you plan to stay.

Correct--LHL is closed for the season... Elmer's is a great stay. "Alpine Court Motel" is a possibility. Iron Horse is nice and clean.... Definitely schedule a visit to the hot springs.....great choice after seven days!

Papa D
05-30-2012, 21:45
these folks are 18 miles north of Hot Springs on the trail at Log Cabin Road so it might be a little far for you, but I'll plug them anyway - good folks:

www.hemlockhollowinn.com/

- if you're going to stay in the Big City (Hot Springs proper), go ahead and live it up and rent a cabin on the river.

msupple
05-30-2012, 21:51
Elmer's is....how should we say....an experience. Highly recommend it. Don't forget to remove your shoes and turn off your cell. :)

Cat in the Hat

WIAPilot
05-30-2012, 22:08
these folks are 18 miles north of Hot Springs on the trail at Log Cabin Road so it might be a little far for you, but I'll plug them anyway - good folks:

www.hemlockhollowinn.com/ (http://www.hemlockhollowinn.com/)

- if you're going to stay in the Big City (Hot Springs proper), go ahead and live it up and rent a cabin on the river.

I am actually planning to stay there as well. Great prices, but no private bathrooms unfortunately.

Blissful
05-31-2012, 12:49
What about Chuck Norris and Tigger's hostel?

RWheeler
06-01-2012, 11:11

That's Laughing Heart, I believe. Might be wrong about that. There was no info about it in my book, but I'm pretty sure that people that were talking about it had said it was Chuck Norris and Tigger's place. People that stayed there that I talked to enjoyed it, but Elmer's Victorian home appealed to my New England side and I had to stay in it.

gearfreak
06-01-2012, 11:23
I enjoyed my stay in a little cabin on the river at the campground. Price was right, shower house was clean and water hot. Short walk to Iron Horse and laundry across from the restaurant.

Hoop
06-01-2012, 16:40
That's Laughing Heart, I believe.

Yes.