PDA

View Full Version : NY - CT - MA Section

Jeff
04-11-2005, 06:00
Will be knocking out the NY to Dalton section soon. Any trail conditions to be concerned about this early in the season? Would trail crews have blow downs addressed by now?

Also wondering about any bear problems...where to take special care regarding food storage at night.

THANKS!!!!!

neo
04-11-2005, 12:48
i hiked from delaware water gap pa/nj state line to dalton mass,the end of may 2004,the mosquitos were pretty bad late may early june,i highly recomend staying at upper goose pond and at rob,s in dalton mass.:cool: neo

have a great hike

schwenkler
04-11-2005, 12:49
This does not directly relate, but I hiked in NJ this weekend and there were a lot of blowdowns, so don't expect them to be cleared.

Also there are plenty of signs of flooding from last week's rain.

DebW
04-12-2005, 09:35
The maintainers in Mass. try to get out and clear the blowdowns by early May. Our schedule call for completing the job by May 14 this year.

bearbag hanger
04-12-2005, 20:33
Also wondering about any bear problems...where to take special care regarding food storage at night.

THANKS!!!!!

I came close to a mama bear and her three cubs near the NY/NJ border last year around the last week of June. I'd hang the bear bag. You also have to worry about raccoons.