PDA

View Full Version : Starting at Harpers Ferry.

Melanie.Cole.
05-31-2012, 21:22
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for someone to accompany me on my journey to North Carolina. It may be best if you are a thru hiker looking for a little spice mid trip. But if you just want to go along on my journey, that's also acceptable. I'm planning to start at Harpers Ferry at the ATC and plan to hike down until the last point where the AT crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway. I then plan to hike until Grandfather Mountain where I will meet my friends that I went to school with at App State with.

A little about me: I'm 21. In college. I was studying law, but recently decided to switch paths to the animal world. I know that really doesn't have much help in the whole hiking dept. I love being outside and have some experience hiking. I have gone on weekend camping trips and also have experience in that area. I would love for someone to expand my knowledge and show me some sweet tricks.

Let me know if this could work. I would love some company! Send me an email at [email protected] happy travels. :)

ShoelessWanderer
06-01-2012, 09:20
Unfortunately I can't really join you, but if when you make it to the Roanoke or Blacksburg area and need a shuttle or a warm bed for the night, let me know.

MorningJoe
06-08-2012, 15:05
Hey there,

My trail name is Mornin Joe and I live in Harpers Ferry, WV.. I hiked a little over 300 mi. from the Ferry to Buckhannon, VA and am interested in another section hike... I'm familiar with the territory... When where you plannin on leaving? I'd like to actually go to Mt. Kathdin and thru hike SOBO... Anyway, I have a small but substantial monthly income and actually would like to find a friend/hiking partner to accompany me on the thru hike... I imagine you have your itenary already figured out, so perhaps we can work something out. I'm 37 and average 15 to 20 miles a day, however, would most likely start slow and build up to that... Anyway, let me know what you think... Talk at ya later, Mornin Joe

MorningJoe
06-08-2012, 15:07
Might wanna check that email address... Didn't work when I tried to email you... Late