PDA

View Full Version : Continental Divide Trail Coalition

Mags
06-04-2012, 17:42
A new umbrella organization to work with all the different groups that love the CDT. Exciting stuff!

The Continental Divide National Scenic Trail (CDNST) is one of the most significant trail systems in the world. Established by Congress in 1978, it spans 3,100 miles between Mexico and Canada, traverses five states and connects countless communities along its spine. Over the past 30 years it has gradually assumed a marked physical shape; and preserves and celebrates an opportunity for adventure and history with one of the most significant features on our planet.
The Continental Divide Trail Coalition (CDTC) is a national non-profit organization working to protect, preserve, and promote the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, and support volunteer stewardship of the Trail to connect us to our natural places, our history, and an amazing conservation legacy effort. We are building a movement on behalf of the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, and hope you’ll join us in helping to preserve, protect and promote this American Legacy!

http://www.continentaldividetrail.org/

burger
06-04-2012, 19:48
That's good news.

(Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a refund of the money I donated to the now-defunct CDTA 2 weeks before they announced they were disbanding. Jerks.)

Grampsb
06-05-2012, 07:26
Thanks for the link. Bookmarked it

SunnyWalker
06-05-2012, 19:01
Thanks Mags. I'll join as soon as they spell it out. -Dave