PDA

View Full Version : if at first you don't succeed..

Brady
06-06-2012, 14:04
I left Springer March 30 at a conservative pace, ignoring the mad dash North as people were preoccupied with miles. Listening to my body and pampering my feet, avoiding a single blister I made it to Marion VA. I spent some time in towns along the way, trying to experience as much of the Appalachians as possible. Unfortunately life still happens when on the trail and I had to leave Marion for Florida. I've been "home" for a week and a day and there isn't a day that goes by that I wish I wasn't back with my trail family. I can't wait to go back. Everything happens for a reason though and I know leaving the trail was the right decision. I start back at my job tomorrow where I got a raise and promotion.. you know you're good when they promote you when you've been gone for 2months!!: ).

For those of you I've met, it was an honor and privilege, happy trails and I hope our paths cross again.

-Miami

Grampie
06-06-2012, 14:18
Save the memorys of the trail. At 31 years old you still have a life time ahead of you. Some day you will be back.

Kerosene
06-06-2012, 14:29
My daughter always tells me that my stress lines disappear after my annual week-long section hikes. Plus, I get to experience sections at the season of my choosing.

Canyonero
06-06-2012, 14:40
What kind of work do you do that you can spend 2 months hiking and come back to get a raise? I may need to change my career path! :p

mikec
06-06-2012, 14:56
I've been sectioning for over 15 years now. Only 363 miles to go. Don't give up.

Brady
06-06-2012, 15:17
Canyon- substance abuse treatment.

I have no doubt I will return.