PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Water Gap

RootyK
06-08-2012, 15:22
A group of us are planning a day hike in the Delaware Water Gap section of the AT. We are looking to hike about 6 miles total and prefer a loop with great views instead of an in and out. Any suggestions????

tdoczi
06-08-2012, 15:28
mt tammany. typical hike is up the red dot and down the blue but you can cut across to the AT and lengtehn it. its longer than youre looking for but i'm a big fan of going up the red dot, continuing along that ridge on the fire road to the trail that cuts down to sunfish pond and then following either the AT or the dunnfield creek out from there. thats over 10 miles though. get a map, theres tons of trails in that area itd be hard to explain it all.

rocketsocks
06-08-2012, 15:35
mt tammany. typical hike is up the red dot and down the blue but you can cut across to the AT and lengtehn it. its longer than youre looking for but I'm a big fan of going up the red dot, continuing along that ridge on the fire road to the trail that cuts down to sunfish pond and then following either the AT or the dunnfield creek out from there. thats over 10 miles though. get a map, theres tons of trails in that area itd be hard to explain it all.I agree take the Red trail up,very steep,but the reward is a great view.

GoldenBear
06-08-2012, 19:18
http://www.nps.gov/dewa/planyourvisit/upload/Hikes.pdf

It will show you all your options. It isn't topo, but it shows the possibilities for loops.

rocketsocks
06-08-2012, 19:19
I agree take the Red trail up,very steep,but the reward is a great view.Incidentally you can get a map at the ranger station there,if you don't have one already.