PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a possible hiking partner

Dobbins
06-09-2012, 01:24
Hi, my name is Kyle, and I am going to be thru-hiking the CT, Denver to Durango, leaving sometime around June 25th. I am wondering if anyone else is hiking either solo or with a small group and would like to meet up and try hiking together. If our paces dont match up, then so be it and we can split ways, but I'd rather hike it with someone else, or at least for a few segments. I'm not looking to match one another step for step, but I am basically looking to camp in the same camp, etc. If anyone is interested, please send me a message. Happy Trails!

Kyle

jbsbestfan
06-09-2012, 08:01
Hey Kyle, I have located several possible partners, but now one guy is leaving on the 23rd and trying for 15 miles a day to start. There is also a guy from Tennessee who is leaving on the 25th and trying for 20 miles a day to start. The remaining lady and I had planned on leaving on the 25th, but because of shuttle issues we are going to leave at noon on the 24th and make section 1 a 1 1/2 or 2 day trip. Then we are shooting for 13 miles a day to start and arriving at Breckenridge for a nero day on July 3 and a zero day on july 4. Eventually we are hoping to increase mileage to more like 18-20 miles a day. My email is [email protected] if you want any details. You can always hang with us if you like until we become too slow or fast or whatever. Even though I have done a good bit of AT section backpacking this year, I need to get acclimated and the true hiker legs going before we really have an idea of daily mileage.