PDA

View Full Version : Pa

Hiker Trash
06-09-2012, 19:12
I'll be visiting family in the Punxsutawney area,was thinking about getting on the AT for a day or two. looking for a moderate section hike of like 10-15 miles over a day or two.....any suggestions?
:-?

buff_jeff
06-09-2012, 19:26
You'll be at least 3.5 hours from anywhere on the AT in PA, and honestly, all of PA is pretty moderate terrain.

I'd check out a hike in the Michaux State Forest, you could probably swing a side trip to see Gettysburg as well in that case.

Hiker Trash
06-09-2012, 21:53
You'll be at least 3.5 hours from anywhere on the AT in PA, and honestly, all of PA is pretty moderate terrain.

I'd check out a hike in the Michaux State Forest, you could probably swing a side trip to see Gettysburg as well in that case.

awesome thinks

Cookerhiker
06-10-2012, 10:02
If you'd like to hike closer to Punxsutawney, you have non-AT options such as the North Country Trail or other trails in Allegheny National Forest (http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/allegheny/recreation/hiking/?recid=13375&actid=51) or the Laurel Highlands Trail. North-central PA has a network of trails including the Black Forest, Susquehannock, DoNut Hole.